Release GC2Wiimote - beta

Thank you all for your responses! I will be testing my wavebird soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Another question, is it mandatory to install PortablizeMii? Also, if I install PortablizeMii, can I go into the classic Wii Menu as always?

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thank you all for your responses! I will be testing my wavebird soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Another question, is it mandatory to install PortablizeMii? Also, if I install PortablizeMii, can I go into the classic Wii Menu as always?
Right now installing PortablizeMii is the easiest way to get this to work.

Can i play motion plus games with this?
Not yet

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello!
How can I play the games from my SD card?
Gamecube games can be played if you put them in the same folder path as USB, but Wii games cannot be played off an SD card. Use USB, is better.

Gamecube games can be played if you put them in the same folder path as USB, but Wii games cannot be played off an SD card. Use USB, is better.
Thank you very much for your answer! I just wanted to take advantage of my 64GB SD. I have a USB but it's only 8 gb: ((

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Wiring the SD card slot is really fiddly, you'd be better off buying a new USB drive. The Kingston FCR-MRG2 microSD to USB adapter with a genuine samsung or sandisk microSD card in it is currently the most reliable and compatible USB setup.

Hello, could I say what programs I need to make it work please.

- Download the Aurelio file, then run "BTWiimoteInject" and everything is fine.

- Restart my wii, then install postloader in its latest version but it didn't show me the option to "Copy SYSCONF from real NAND".

- Although this option did not appear, I ran "WiimoteEmuConfig" and recognized the USB games and if you could control the controls

* In postloader, I did not find any wii games, only applications and games from gamecube *

I have no idea what is needed, in case someone who, if I try it, can help me, I already know with a small guide of the programs that are needed and how to run them. be it video or text, it doesn't matter. Thank you

I want it for the homemade wii, the normal one.

I have homebrew, bootmii, usb loader gx, isos updated. I just don't know how to apply this hack.

I formatted my USB (by the way, I'm using a Kingston Micro-SD adapter with a Samsung EVO MicroSD card), and put fresh PortablizeMii files on it, but when I tried to load a Wii game, I still got the same result. All other games are still working fine, but Wii games always give me the same screen. I took a picture of it:
View attachment 10609
My problem is the same as yours

Thanks for you hard work!, this is usable with usb loader GX+neek2o? or is only for postloader/portablizemii?

As long as you use neek2o then you can use whatever front-end loader you want
I have not managed to get this working.
I have a wii not trimmed with uneek + di, when copying the sysconf file and executing the emunand I cannot move in the system menu or synchronize any wiimote, how do I omit the system menu of the emunand when using nswitch?
Thanks in advance for your great attention

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have not managed to get this working.
I have a wii not trimmed with uneek + di, when copying the sysconf file and executing the emunand I cannot move in the system menu or synchronize any wiimote, how do I omit the system menu of the emunand when using nswitch?
Thanks in advance for your great attention
I am not sure about this tbh, it's up to the loader to launch the specified game. This post on GBATemp might help you on that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-...properly-utilize-emunand.437521/#post-6592730 especially the part booting neek mode

Do I need to have my wiimote on while playing a game even if I'm using the gamecube controller

I managed to run this with usb loader GX on a wii untrimmed

This is my configuration:
* Fresh uneek + di generated by ModMII
* Ios + cios automatically generated by ModMII
* USB loader GX channel with ahbprot
* Generic 8GB SDHC formatted in FAT32 in 32k
* Generic SATA USB case with 320GB disk formatted in FAT32 in 32k
* The file that is in the first POST

The steps to follow are the same published by @Aurelio
with some changes

Unzip the archive and copy all the content of WMEmuHack to the root of your USB drive. Very important: merge the folders, don't replace them.
  • 1) Power on your Wii and run the homebrew "BTWiimoteInject" and when it's done turn off your Wii (there's no soft-exit).
  • 2) Run "WiimoteEmuConfig" in homebrew channel and map the controls for your games (it will list all the games in the wbfs folder).
  • 3.a) Power on the Wii again and from USB loader GX go in Features settings and select the option "Export SYSCONF to EMUNAND"
    (You need to have previously configured the path of the emunand in "Custom paths", ModMii nand path is USB:/nands/PL_US);
    Go to the USB loader GX channel (without leaving the usb loader GX) open configuration> Game load> change emunand option to "neek" > save
  • 3.b)Video step by step
NOTES
To play without GC2 Wiimote:
Run usb loader GX> start your game of preference

To play with GC2 Wiimote:
Run usbloaderGX, while in usbloadergx run usbloader GX (this will activate the emunand) run your game of choice

If someone is interested could put some screenshots, my English is not the best I apologize for the errors

Last edited:
Thanks I'll try this tomorrow I was trying to do this so I can play my wii at my desk hopefully it works

Thanks I'll try this tomorrow I was trying to do this so I can play my wii at my desk hopefully it works
I made many attempts with postloader without success (I think it is not compatible with my HDD)
At this moment I am not close to my Wii, probably later I will edit the post to add some screenshots, to make me understand better

I made many attempts with postloader without success (I think it is not compatible with my HDD)
At this moment I am not close to my Wii, probably later I will edit the post to add some screenshots, to make me understand better
yes can u please add screenshots that would help I'm struggling with this part of your instructions "
EMUNAND"
(You need to have previously configured the path of the emunand in "Custom paths", ModMii nand path is USB:\nands\PL_US);
Go to the USB loader GX channel (without leaving the usb loader GX) open configuration> Game load> change emunand options to "complete" > save"