Release GC2Wiimote - beta

Just to clarify, this will make it so that you cannot connect other Wii remotes to the Wii? Also, I've been having a problem with PortablizeMii where all the GameCube, Emulator, and Virtual Console games work fine, but when I try to boot up any Wii game, I get the "Neek2oBooter is Loading" message, during which a green bar appears on the screen that is clearly indicative of a crash. You said that this has a new build of Neek2o, could installing this hack potentially fix that problem?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Just to clarify, this will make it so that you cannot connect other Wii remotes to the Wii? Also, I've been having a problem with PortablizeMii where all the GameCube, Emulator, and Virtual Console games work fine, but when I try to boot up any Wii game, I get the "Neek2oBooter is Loading" message, during which a green bar appears on the screen that is clearly indicative of a crash. You said that this has a new build of Neek2o, could installing this hack potentially fix that problem?
Yeah, you won't be able to connect wiimotes with this.
Your issue sounds more like a faulty install, so try to format your usb drive and copy files again.

I formatted my USB (by the way, I'm using a Kingston Micro-SD adapter with a Samsung EVO MicroSD card), and put fresh PortablizeMii files on it, but when I tried to load a Wii game, I still got the same result. All other games are still working fine, but Wii games always give me the same screen. I took a picture of it:
upload_2020-2-21_21-48-13.png

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
i don't understand, so we're supposed to merge the folder.....but not replace the files inside?

the files inside the SNEEK folder of GC2wiimote....... ALSO exists in the SNEEK folder of portabilizemii.

so are we supposed to rename the files? you didn't say, so i don't know.

i just ended up just copying the 4 files in the SNEEK folder of GC2wiimote to the SNEEK folder in portabilizemii.

i don't understand what a "channel menu" is.

i looked everywhere and i do not see a feature called "channel menu" listed on the main screen of portabilizemii.

i also searched the forums and i couldn't find a single thread on what this "channel menu" is.

so i pressed LEFT on the the direction key of the wiimote and managed to access a blank submenu,
then i pushed the home button and could finally see "Copy SYSCONF from real NAND"

when you said "channel menu", did you mean this submenu?

anyways, i then successfully initiated the SYSCONF procedure.

this is the final step, except it crashes when i tried to run WiimoteEmuConfig.

it crashes everytime no matter what i do. it just says "error DSI" or something with a bunch of numbers.

i don't understand, is the first install of portablizemii supposed to be done on a unmodded wii first?

for people like us who already have a hacked wii, does this mean portablizemii will not work?

i searched all over the forums and there's no information about installing portabilzemii on a hacked wii. the main thread of portablizemii seems to assume that everyone's wii has never been hacked before, which i reckon is a farcry from reality

none of the forum posts say anything about this, if anyone disagree, feel free to quote a post that says portablizemii can be installed on hacked wii or only on unhacked wii. because i CANNOT find any information about this ANYWHERE on this forum.

my wii is already hacked with letterbomb. so i skip the letterbomb step and went straight to the cheese installer and installed portablizemii successfully. everything seems to work, but GC2wiimote fails at the last step. what am i doing wrong?
Merge means copy the GC2 files into the existing PortablizeMii installation and overwrite when prompted. "Don't replace" means don't delete the old folder and replace it with the new folder, which I'll admit is a bit confusing.

The channel menu is that blank submenu. If you have any channels or VC titles installed they will show up there. You have none, so the page is blank.

Can't help with the crashes, other than to ask if you ran the BTWiimoteInject app and hard powered off the system when it finishes as instructed.

PortablizeMii can be installed on modded Wiis just fine, with the exception of Wiis with certain custom IOS modules installed. If your Wii doesn't have heaps of custom IOS modules, but has been letter/banner bombed already, you can just run Cheese Installer straight up and it'll probably work. It's under the last heading of the official install instructions post.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It might be an issue with the IOSes you are running. Do you happen to be using custom IOSes on slot 58?

xsping

hello Aurelio, gc2mote can not work in some games, how can i reuse the original wiiremote ?how to let gc2mote stop work?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
hello Aurelio, gc2mote can not work in some games, how can i reuse the original wiiremote ?how to let gc2mote stop work?
As of now there's no easy way to disable the hack only for specific games, you have to delete/rename the bt.bin file in the sneek folder. Hiidra will have the possibility to switch between the two modes more easily.
Can you tell me which are these games? So I can look into them

xsping

As of now there's no easy way to disable the hack only for specific games, you have to delete/rename the bt.bin file in the sneek folder. Hiidra will have the possibility to switch between the two modes more easily.
Can you tell me which are these games? So I can look into them
can you add on-off choice to enable or disable the gc2mote for all games from app, game like zelda sky sword and wii sport that require motion plus even though the motion plus emulaton is enabled

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
can you add on-off choice to enable or disable the gc2mote for all games from app, game like zelda sky sword and wii sport that require motion plus even though the motion plus emulaton is enabled
Motion plus emulation is still not supported. I will add this option, but only in PMv2 and Hiidra. I won't modify postloader to add this, so you will have to wait a bit more, sorry

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
FYI the factory reset does not install default IOSes.
Anyways it seems like the issue happens when the program tries to create the folder "wmemu" on the root of your USB drive. Is your USB properly formatted in FAT32 as well?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you make a nand backup with bootmii and DM me a mediafire link to it, I can make you a new clean nand image to flash and you can try installing PM on that and see if it makes a difference.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
What happens if you create a "wmemu" folder on the root of your usb drive? Also try using one of the configuration files made by ginger: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/gc2wiimote-beta.2945/#post-35060. Just copy them in the wmemu folder and then run one of those games. This way you can check that the hack works for you and the issue is only with the configuration homebrew

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
thanks for helping me with this. i did as you suggested and tested new super mario using ginger's premade controller config file for that particular game, and it works well,

however for "final fantasy crystal bearer" which is a game i want to run, there isn't a config file for it. i tried mapping the controls again in WiiEmuConfig, but still the same DSI error message.

EDITED: i just realize that crystal bearer on the wii uses tilting controls, which is not supported yet so never mind.
Yeah tilt control will be supported in the future. I will also check what's going on with the configurator, though I haven't been able to reproduce the error.

Last edited:
Hello! Congratulations for this great work! It is simply superb! I was wondering if maybe this mod supports Wavebird?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello! Congratulations for this great work! It is simply superb! I was wondering if maybe this mod supports Wavebird?
I don't know if it works, I don't have a wavebird to test it with. If it doesn't I will eventually fix it (hopefully)

Portables
Hi can you tell me how to set up shaking? i have a message in game to shake nunchuck from left to right.