Solved Individual game issues on trimmed wii

On my portable, I have a few GameCube games that give me problems when running them. None of these issues happen on my untrimmed wii (same version of RVLoader(1.6), same iso files), so I know it's not the iso files. The games are:
Starfox Adventures - Black Screen, no sound
F-Zero GX - Black Screen, no sound
I-Ninja - Black Screen, no sound
Sonic Adventure DX - Black Screen, no sound
Sonic Mega Collection - loads, but freezes on this screen after the title screen (normally shows some text about the memory card)
IMG_20230805_175442860_HDR.jpg

Starfox Assault - almost all text is missing
Wario World - Black Screen, no sound

Has anyone experienced anything similar to any of these? I'm not sure what to change to start figuring out fixes for these. The portable doesn't have MX chip, if that makes any difference.

Portables
I’m going to say that the Mx is making the difference here, I’m on 1.6 rvloader gwii build as well with Mx chip and your black screen no sound games are working just fine with vga as well

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
This is not due to the lack of an MX as those games work without issues on my personal units. This seems more USB related, can you provide pictures of your wiring?

[EDIT]

Black screens can also be caused by corrupt virtual memory cards created for each game in Nintendont, delete them and test again.

I'll try deleting the virtual memory cards when I get a chance tomorrow, and take pictures of the USB wiring then too. Thanks for the help!

[EDIT]

I deleted the virtual memory cards, and everything is the same as before. Here are the pictures of my USB wiring:
IMG_20230806_191518274_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230806_191536934_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Viilmo

Portables
Try twisting them more with a drill, they seem lose (maybe its the pic quality im not sure)

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried using a tighter-twisted wire pair, but I have all the same issues as before (no additional ones, thankfully). Here's what it looks like now:
IMG_20230807_202606227_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230807_202555209_HDR.jpg

Update:
I was doing some testing, and I discovered that all of these games work properly when memory card emulation is turned on. I plan on using physical memory cards, so that's not a solution per se, but I think that means there's probably something wrong with my memory card slot relocation. I'm in the process of looking at those connections so I can fix them.

[EDIT]

Additional Update:

I've redone the memory card slot connections, and after some multimeter testing they all seem to have the right continuity. However, all the issues from before are still there. Posting pictures of the connections in case anyone has any insight:

IMG_20230820_202035514_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230820_202119652_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Update: I fixed it!

Long story short, it actually was MX. @vipe_202 was right all along, everything works perfectly now. I thought I had irreparably screwed up MX the first time I tried, which was why it wasn't there in the first place. I can't connect a clock battery, but that's completely fine, everything else is good. I also didn't realize that nintendont's solution to the missing font data was tied to the memory card emulation. If I had, I would've looked more into MX earlier. But the important thing is it's fixed now, so I don't have to worry about what the problem is. That was the last issue I needed fixed before I put on the finishing touches, so now I'm excited to get this thing finished up.