As stated above, it's definitely worth checking the voltage on the cells. But I suspect what might be happening here is that the PMS may need to calibrate properly with the cells. I've had weird battery behavior before similar to this where the battery percentage being output isn't accurate to...
Most people I know get Samsung 18650s from MABD Electronics, but their Samsung batteries are out of stock as of right now. The Samsung ones they sell only go up to 3500 mAh which means they'll give you less battery life. I would recommend finding some cells that go up to 4000 mAh or even...
Hello and welcome!
It sounds like you're off to a really good start so far! It's worth noting that the Aliexpress Ashida doesn't seem to have too many (if any) worklogs on the forums (if there are any, I haven't come across them). This does imply we probably lack some documentation for this...
That's definitely on the hot side. I solder at 327C or 622F which is quite a bit lower. I've got a guide on Wii micro soldering that might help with this, it recommends good equipment, settings such as temp to solder at, and covers most of the really difficult and tiny solder points.
You...
Holy moly that's impressive! When you say success to boot, do you mean you've already tested and it works? Is that CCTV device taking in video from it? It's a bit difficult to make the details on it out.
Edit: Oh I see now, this is b_Rob's project, good stuff either way!
Dang, that's a rip on the N64 board. At least you know what it was!
That's good to know about your cooling setup! I've been researching passive cooling for my latest N64 project, and knowing that your setup is sufficient is really helpful. It's great to hear that hot air is indeed coming...
I don't mean to necro bump here, but I found this thread while I was looking through worklogs trying to get more information on how thermals perform with passive cooling and expansion RAM. I'm curious to know, what are the thermals like on this build? Does it seem like it gets too warm? I'm...
You don't need the U10 component as the PMS2 has a U10 pad you can solder to that replaces the need for a U10 relocation. There are ways to relocate U10 wirelessly though, here's an example:
As a side note, if you're burning off pads like this, it may be worth practicing your soldering a bit...
Looking at the Dreamcast trimming guide, it looks like you removed the correct regulators. The guide tells you what voltages you need to put where, so it's really just a matter of applying those voltages via soldering wires from a PMS. I remember Gman modifying a Wii PMS 1 in his 2DC build to...
Time for a quick little update. I've gotten things into position to fit nicely inside the shell and I've re-routed it all accordingly:
I forgot to add the RGB LED, so I'll throw that in there, but I don't have any big plans with it. Probably just gonna slap it inside and call it a day...
The LED needs to be configured in RVLoader in order to work. I don't remember what mode it needs to have set, but that's probably at least part of your problem. If you can't get it working in RVLoader, I'm not too sure what to tell you other than I've run into the same thing with a lot of my...
Time for a quick update. I terminated the RAM bus with help from @cheese @YveltalGriffin and @Xenii :
This took quite a while, and I needed to do some research to get it right. Yveltal was nice enough to share some documents for two layer routing on the RAM bus, and that helped a ton...
Happy to see you release this! I remember you using this when we tested Matterhorn64 over voice a while back. This is a great little thing to have for mini consoles and or portables without batteries (the latter of which I think the community has been sleeping on). Thanks for releasing it...
It's been a fat minute since I've posted an update do this project. I won't be detailing why this project has been on hiatus, but I will say that there were some serious and completely unforeseen circumstances that led to this lengthy delay in my work.
Here's the latest:
Since the last...
Yeah... I think I commented on this a while back to one of the staff members. I usually go out of my way to underline any links just to make it stand out a bit more. I completely agree that hyperlinked text definitely needs to be more clear since not everyone thinks to do this.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION: COMPONENT PROCUREMENT & FEASIBILITY ASSESSMENT
TO: Operational Lead
FROM: Department of Unhinged Thermals & Defiant Engineering
SUBJECT: RE: Project "Tough-Box-Of-Everything" — Approved with Caveats
Chief, this isn't a commission; this is a declaration of war on the...
Really beautiful project! I remember seeing this on and off in the Discord, but I never got a good look at it. Always appreciate when people are able to open source like this! Great stuff man!
Any model of any console motherboard can be trimmed, but the community chooses to target specific motherboards since they are often the most optimal for portablizing. Sometimes this is because is because they draw less power, other times this is because they're much easier to trim down to a...