Recent content by Bubberiffic

  1. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 summer build contest] The ReviveMii, a modern altoids tin portable wii

    Amazing job dude, it looks really professional for a little tin lol. Amazing internals as well, everything seems so organized!
  2. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] SUPER NINTENDO CHALMERS

    It looks amazing! I love the choice of color that you used for it and the bonus features! Great video as well, you really packed a lot in the runtime. Don’t forget to mark your Worklog as completed if you’re 100% done!
  3. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    9/27/26: Here's the finished video and showcase of the VectorPad, thanks for all of your support! Look forward to an upcoming open source release! Cheers!
  4. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    9/26/26: I finally finished all of the 3D models and tweaked the ones for the buttons, they press-fit really nicely along with the analog stick which has a snug press-fit. I'm very happy with how everything turned out! I printed everything and the controller works great; couldn't be happier.
  5. Bubberiffic

    Question How should I troubleshoot my trimmed Wii?

    This is really good rosin core solder: https://a.co/d/07jJKuAV Here's the best flux you could get, this would make everything a lot easier (coming from someone who was in your shoes a few years ago): https://a.co/d/0eJElER7
  6. Bubberiffic

    Question How should I troubleshoot my trimmed Wii?

    Congrats on the boot! Make sure to use flux while solder to ensure the best connection/joint possible.
  7. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    9/15/26: The boards have arrived! The thing that I really like about this project other than it using modern and readily-available components is that it uses standard Mechanical Keyboard switches! That way, if you assemble one of these, the feel of the buttons is entirely up to the owner! I...
  8. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    8/21/26: I thought I should start working on the buttons for the controller while I wait on the PCBs to arrive. Here's what I came up with in SOLIDWORKS: They fit onto any standard MX-Profile Mechanical Keyboard key switch (with a simple, light press-fit), which is really convenient. The...
  9. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    8/20/26: Since I'm waiting for the PCBs to be manufactured and shipped, I thought I should start working on the case and cable for the final controller. The Vectrex has a strange right-angle DB9 connector that is unique to that console, so I took apart the connector that I had, and designed a...
  10. Bubberiffic

    Clover C1401 RGB Mod

    Clover C1401 RGB Mod: The Clover C1401 is a Samsung-Based CCTV PVM that has only been documented by myself and my friend, Noah. Any information has been posted to the CRT Database was by yours truly. CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE CRT DATABASE. (Coming soon…) This CRT has composite, RF, and...
  11. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    8/18/26: The Hall-Effect analog sticks have arrived. I replaced the current analog stick that I had with the new one. Note: the reason that I'm not using my original analog stick for this project is because it's so obscure, I can't find a part number online to get a footprint and order of it...
  12. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    8/16/26: The only thing I really needed to test on the controller board that I wasn't sure of was the orientation of the analog stick. Since I have a generic one on hand, I can test it to see if it will work. I wired it up on Prototyping Board and cut and labeled the pins and wires off of the...
  13. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Contest Entry] VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller

    VectorPad - A Modern Vectrex Controller 8/4/26: The Vectrex is my favorite retro game console of all time. I love the crisp vector lines/graphics that the deflection circuit draws. It is truly an unmatched experience and I plead to you, if you have the chance to use one in person, take that...
  14. Bubberiffic

    Completed [2026 Summer contest] GBAWii4 & Wii Pico, a redesigned Wii motherboard in a GBA Cartridge

    Amazing work so far, working with BGA sucks. I wish you the best of luck--don't work yourself too hard!
Back
Top