Question Wii power

Portables
PS2p
Hi, what the options for custom regulators for Wii? PTH8080 pretty expensive and hard to find. I wanted to use Mini 360 boards, but min input voltage on them is 4.75v, which is not suitable for my 2p setup and BitBuild store long gone. Can some one help?

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
Ideally you want to use either RVL-PMS-Lite or RVL-PSU, as these are much more efficient designs than hand wired PTH regs or other solutions. RVL-PMS-Lite can be purchased from 4Layer Technologies (comprised of Gman, Shank, and Aurelio). RVL-PSU is open source design, and the parts for that can be purchased and assembled if you'd like, or you can contact @CrazyGadget to purchase an updated one that he'll be selling once he finishes it (should be very, very soon).

As for the intended use case of these boards, RVL-PMS-Lite contains everything needed for power management in a Wii portable, including safe battery charging and monitoring, charge and play functionality, temperature monitoring, and with their PMS-PD board, USB-C PD charging. RVL-PSU only has power regulators, none of the other fancy features that the PMS has, and is most similar to PTH regulators in that regard, just way more efficient. CrazyGadget's updated design will also feature a 1v8 regulator, so it can be used to power trims that don't have the 1v8 LDO, such as a Lmaov2 or Omega trim. The original RVL-PSU doesn't have this, so the 1v8 LDO is still required to boot.

Hopefully this helps you and others looking for custom regulator options.

Portables
PS2p
Ideally you want to use either RVL-PMS-Lite or RVL-PSU, as these are much more efficient designs than hand wired PTH regs or other solutions. RVL-PMS-Lite can be purchased from 4Layer Technologies (comprised of Gman, Shank, and Aurelio). RVL-PSU is open source design, and the parts for that can be purchased and assembled if you'd like, or you can contact @CrazyGadget to purchase an updated one that he'll be selling once he finishes it (should be very, very soon).

As for the intended use case of these boards, RVL-PMS-Lite contains everything needed for power management in a Wii portable, including safe battery charging and monitoring, charge and play functionality, temperature monitoring, and with their PMS-PD board, USB-C PD charging. RVL-PSU only has power regulators, none of the other fancy features that the PMS has, and is most similar to PTH regulators in that regard, just way more efficient. CrazyGadget's updated design will also feature a 1v8 regulator, so it can be used to power trims that don't have the 1v8 LDO, such as a Lmaov2 or Omega trim. The original RVL-PSU doesn't have this, so the 1v8 LDO is still required to boot.

Ok, I will look through this options, thank you.

Reactions: Y2K

Hi guys!
I cut outside the lines, sanded well, but removed the u5 before checking continuity!. now at all voltage points I have continuity to ground... it's my first Wii, and besides losing my u5 I don't have another console to make measurements, help  !!!! I don't now where is the problema, or i need sold u10 and
IMG_20230223_114227949.jpg
check?

Attachments

Viilmo

Portables
Hi guys!
I cut outside the lines, sanded well, but removed the u5 before checking continuity!. now at all voltage points I have continuity to ground... it's my first Wii, and besides losing my u5 I don't have another console to make measurements, help  !!!! I don't now where is the problema, or i need sold u10 andView attachment 26299 check?
Did you have the Cpu and Gpu covered in tape to prevent metaldust getting under them? If not that might be your problem.
Also please create your own thread instead of using someones else.

Did you have the Cpu and Gpu covered in tape to prevent metaldust getting under them? If not that might be your problem.
Also please create your own thread instead of using someones else.
Oh no! What can i do ?
Sorry it's My first question and don't know create a thread, thanks Explosive T

¿Tuviste la CPU y la Gpu cubiertas con cinta para evitar que el polvo metálico se metiera debajo de ellas? Si no, ese puede ser tu problema.
Además, cree su propio hilo en lugar de utilizar el de otra persona.
[/CITA]
Sorry Nostars 240 i newbie