Question Wii does not turn on, no light when plugged in

Several months ago, I bought a lot of "for parts" Wiis on eBay. All of them actually work except this one. I tried it along with the others when I received them, but I saw that when I plugged in the power adapter, no red light came on, and pushing the buttons did nothing. I tried the trick recommended for this problem by Nintendo - leaving the adapter unplugged from the wall and console for two minutes - but that didn't do anything.

I took out this Wii recently in hopes of gleaning some information from it. It is a RVL-CPU-01, and in my unprofessional opinion, it looks very clean on the inside. I've dissected it down to the motherboard, removing a Wii Fit disc from the tray along the way. The presence of the disc suggests that this Wii did work at some point between 2008 and 2019.

I'm very new to this, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but here goes. I plugged in the Wii and tested voltages with my multimeter, putting one end on the power pole closest to the power cord and the other on whatever I tested. I found 12V everywhere except for a pin on the MX chip (4V) and a point near where I think the internal battery goes (9V).

Given my understanding of the Wii's voltages as I have read on this forum, there's no reason why this shouldn't boot, which makes me think that I have either missed something or have something wrong. I have disconnected the disc drive completely, but I have left the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi boards connected. I tried turning on the Wii again in its "naked" state, but it still won't turn on.

So I have to ask for help here. Is this Wii busted in a way that can't be fixed, or do I just need to replace something? Is it basically just for parts now?

If you need me to post more pictures to help, I can certainly do that.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes, posting detailed and clear pictures is the best way for people to help you with your problem.

Alright, I attached pictures of the top, bottom, power pins, MX chip, and battery tray.