Question U10 relocation issue

Hi,
I have relocated a U9 from a 6 layer board on to a 4 layer untrimmed board as (I broke the other chips) but my wii does not turn on it just stays red when you press power
It was working with bbloader before relocation.

What I have done
- I have a connection between u9 leg and the original u10 pad ( i have used stranded wire as the magnet wire kept breaking)
- I burnt the original 3.3v pad off when removing the u5 so have connected to a pad of the one removed capacitors which seems to be connected to 3.3v (there is a short to 3.3v) around the relocated u9
- I have cut the trace under the relocated u9
- Where the u9 was on the original board i have shorted the two pins

My guesses as to why it doesn't work
- I killed the u9
- U9 from 6 layer is different to 4 layer
- I have connected things wrong
- The pad i used for 3.3 is not adequate
- Board is dead for other reasons

Any help or link to similar answered thread would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Pictures are of 4 layer board
1610017502862.png

1610017557896.png

Shenti

Hi penguin,

First I have to Apologize for my bad englisch but hope i can help.

I had almost the same problem you described.
Managed to break u10 and u9 (one shortet internaly the other had a broken off leg) while relocating. Had to get them from another Wii (also from a 6 layer board like you) It dose not matter if it is from a 4 or 6 layer board.

Have you checked the U10 troubleshooting guid?

Also make sure you soldert the wire to the correct via on the back! i triple checkt and still soldert it wrong the first time...
If u have trouble soldering to the via itself, try soldering to the connected trace after scraping of the soldering mask and . Especially if the wire will not stay on its own and/or breaks off easily.
Use Flux! Bad flux is a thousand times better than no flux.

Make sure the trace you have to cut is cut properly. Just folow the trace a bit and scrape until you can measure if there still is a connection or not.