Thomii MK1 (codename KillerWhale)

This project mainly started as practice and a test to see how my fitment worked with my CAD designs. However, I made the "test" into a full portable. So officially its MK1 of my portables but it was pointed out it kinda looks like a killerwhale so that's its nickname.
20240425_205711.jpg

20240425_205706.jpg

Features:
- PMS2
- UAMP
- GC+2.0
- PMS-PD3
- Wii Classic Controller layout
- 2 3500mAh 18650 batteries
- 3.5" LCD screen
- Omega-ish trim

20240425_193953.jpg

20240424_130229.jpg

On to the good the bad and the ugly.

THE GOOD
I was able to fit all the components in the same hight and width of a wii classic controller max dimensions.

THE BAD
No MX relocation but thanks to RVLoader 2.0 and the MX patch it hasn't been an issue yet.
No Bluetooth but it's meant to be a single player portable.
The controller is literally just a classic controller that was cut in half and rewired.
I used a little bit of hot glue to tack down wires for routing.

THE UGLY
fitment is a little tight.
No screw posts for the bottom.
Screw posts for the 4 layer board are a little too thin.
The analog triggers aren't working right.

All in all I don't think it's a bad portable for my first attempt at an all original build

Attachments

Portables
Amazing build, do you have plans to open source it? I love the classic controller look

Amazing build, do you have plans to open source it? I love the classic controller look
Well the controller was concatenated with an actual Wii classic controller so once I smooth everything out I plan on making some PCBs for this bad boy and I actually want to fit everything into the size and shape of the classic controller and not have the batteries hanging off the bottom.