RVLoader v2.0

rvloader stuff is flashed to the nand, you still need the files on the usb drive, but you can just download rvloader to the usb drive and it should be fine if it was installed to the wii before trim.

Bober

rvloader stuff is flashed to the nand, you still need the files on the usb drive, but you can just download rvloader to the usb drive and it should be fine if it was installed to the wii before trim.
Ok thanks

Zalta

Hello I can't save files on certain rom games it says it's full

I still got space on my memory sd card

How can I fix this

edit : you can configure memory card via nintendont

Sincerly

Last edited:

JMCD

Welcome to BitBuilt! WiFi can be re-enabled on a per-game basis even if you had previously patched it out. This is the safest way because even if the WiFi module stops working for whatever reason (like a loose connection), the system would still boot

Firstly thank you for everything you are doing for this community!

Hi, also new here but have been lurking, reading and building up the confidence to chop it up (although only have a 6 layer rev30 to play with unfortunately), and funds for the needed parts.

I see you say that WiFi can be re-enabled per game, would it be at all feasible to introduce a global hard or soft switching directly within RVloader... either as a menu entry or by polling the io state of a hardware switch?

That way we could toggle WiFi (and even BT possibly) to save power consumption?

Not sure if the modules have low power/standby calls available?

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.

Thanks again!

Xyzven

Hi, also new here but have been lurking, reading and building up the confidence to chop it up (although only have a 6 layer rev30 to play with unfortunately), and funds for the needed parts.

I see you say that WiFi can be re-enabled per game, would it be at all feasible to introduce a global hard or soft switching directly within RVloader... either as a menu entry or by polling the io state of a hardware switch?

Thanks again!
JCMD, welcome.
I believe the Wifi needs to be "patched" out so it cannot be on or off due to the start up boot process. As well, I believe (from what I've read) that there is not a lot of wifi enabled games.
Bluetooth on the other hand is a different item compared to Wifi and I don't think it uses much power while it's powered up until it's actually utilized.

Just my two cents.

JMCD

JCMD, welcome.
I believe the Wifi needs to be "patched" out so it cannot be on or off due to the start up boot process. As well, I believe (from what I've read) that there is not a lot of wifi enabled games.
Bluetooth on the other hand is a different item compared to Wifi and I don't think it uses much power while it's powered up until it's actually utilized.

Just my two cents.
Hi Xyzven,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Yes, I understand the wifi check must be circumvented at boot, just wasn't sure if that could remain as is then toggles on or off once booted. Myself not fully understanding the mechanism by which it works just yet, I'm guessing it would probably require hardware revisions to the board to use a switch so probably a no no.

I understand the wifi games are limited, I was kind of heading down the road of maybe a network enabled file drop eventually.

Without seeming ungrateful or pestering, I'd love to gain Aurelio's wisdom on my whether it is possible even.

Once again thank you for replying!

Portables

Thanks again!
Hi JMCD! as I understand (I'm still learning english), you're looking for a way to install a hardware switch which can turn wifi on/off right?

I've seen a youtuber called Yakara Colombia, who did a lot of functions with ESP32, like adding the capability of bluetooth controllers, bluetooth audio and also acting as a switch for other console functions, I don't know if you can use that for wifi, and also the video is in spanish, but you can check for that if it works for you:

These are all the entries for Wii console:

JMCD

Hi JMCD! as I understand (I'm still learning english), you're looking for a way to install a hardware switch which can turn wifi on/off right?

I've seen a youtuber called Yakara Colombia, who did a lot of functions with ESP32, like adding the capability of bluetooth controllers, bluetooth audio and also acting as a switch for other console functions, I don't know if you can use that for wifi, and also the video is in spanish, but you can check for that if it works for you:

These are all the entries for Wii console:
Hi LCandell,

Your english is spot on.

Yes you are correct, and I'd love ideally to have it natively within RVloader but the Espressif chip is definitely one way of accomplishing it, thank you. I will take a look at the video later, thank you again.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables

Thanks again!
I'm honestly unsure if either GC2Wiimote and WiFi patching lead to a power consumption, most likely yes, but it's probably negligible compared to how much the rest of the system draws (though I guess someone could test this).

Global switching are definitely possible, I'll add them to the TODO list

JMCD

I'm honestly unsure if either GC2Wiimote and WiFi patching lead to a power consumption, most likely yes, but it's probably negligible compared to how much the rest of the system draws (though I guess someone could test this).

Global switching are definitely possible, I'll add them to the TODO list
Hi Aurelio,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, and for adding it to the list! I really do appreciate everything you've accomplished!

Kind regards

SartoZ

Portables
Hi Aurelio
I relocated MX chip, went to the wii system menu to set the correct time and date but the clock in rvloader is not synced. In-game saves get the correct time from the wii tho.
Is it a bug or did I mess something?

Thanks

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi Aurelio
I relocated MX chip, went to the wii system menu to set the correct time and date but the clock in rvloader is not synced. In-game saves get the correct time from the wii tho.
Is it a bug or did I mess something?

Thanks
Yes, it was a bug in libogc. Will be fixed in next release

Potential bug, or maybe my own incompetence:

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) is unplayable after you actually launch one of the titles.

The game launches fine from RVLoader, but after navigating menus with 0 issues and starting the game.

You get the blue screen (with the VGA text on screen) then whatever "built-in" iso/wbfs file launches. Due to this, the GC2Wiimote config no longer matches the game that you're currently playing. So after the opening/intro cutscene plays you can't actually play.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue and somehow fixed it, or if I'm the first to have it happen.

Hopefully this is an easy fix.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Potential bug, or maybe my own incompetence:

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) is unplayable after you actually launch one of the titles.

The game launches fine from RVLoader, but after navigating menus with 0 issues and starting the game.

You get the blue screen (with the VGA text on screen) then whatever "built-in" iso/wbfs file launches. Due to this, the GC2Wiimote config no longer matches the game that you're currently playing. So after the opening/intro cutscene plays you can't actually play.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue and somehow fixed it, or if I'm the first to have it happen.

Hopefully this is an easy fix.
Yeah it's a bug with GC2Wiimote patching, I still have to address this

Hi. I'm probably being lazy but it would be good to be able to share mapping configs. There's a wiki of games that use traditional controllers but I've yet to find a list of games that don't use motion controls at all. It would be great to have a list. I've backed up my Wii games and narrowed it down to a top 200. Gonna take an age to sift through these and work out what will or won't be playable.

Hi. I'm probably being lazy but it would be good to be able to share mapping configs. There's a wiki of games that use traditional controllers but I've yet to find a list of games that don't use motion controls at all. It would be great to have a list. I've backed up my Wii games and narrowed it down to a top 200. Gonna take an age to sift through these and work out what will or won't be playable.
There’s a list I reference on line quite a bit that shows if it has classic controller and/or GameCube controller support. actually looking it up for you I realize it’s Wikipedia

also when purchasing Wii games it should show what it supports on the back

Thanks. Yes that's the list I have. It would be great to have a list of all controls not just GameCube controller and classic controller controls but Wii remote controls as well. Surprised that there's not a database somewhere. Am I correct in stating that motion controls in games can't be emulated? Shake, swipe, tilt, etc?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks. Yes that's the list I have. It would be great to have a list of all controls not just GameCube controller and classic controller controls but Wii remote controls as well. Surprised that there's not a database somewhere. Am I correct in stating that motion controls in games can't be emulated? Shake, swipe, tilt, etc?
Some motion controls can be mapped, some can't. I believe shake works, and controlling the IR pointer via joystick works, but tilt controls and Wii Motion plus are not currently supported. It's a bit of a pain for Mario Galaxy since you need tilt and rotate controls for the Manta surfing and ball rolling stars, and there are also some issues with the Metriod Prime games.

Right. Is there any compatibility lists for RV Loader? Would be handy. I only really want to map games that I can complete fully which have 100% RV loader compatibility. Also I've installed the games that are GC controller compatible as a start. However Metal Slug and others are stating that's there's no GC controller plugged in. Others work fine. Is this also an incompatibility issue with the loader? Might have to try mapping those with Wii controls. Finally is there anyway you can import mii's. The mii import app only works with SD from what I can remember so it probably won't work from HB in the RV loader menu? I bought a pre assembled Ashida as I'd tried and failed to do my own. When I select the Wii menu from RV loader nothing happens. Just goes black. I'm guessing the person who assembled it hasn't completely modded this correctly hence I'm getting a black screen?

There are not any compatibility lists at the moment. Your best bet is to look at the RVLoader GitHub issues section, some games have been reported there. If a game flat out doesn't work with GC2Wiimote (Doesn't register the controller as you mentioned), please make an issue there so Aurelio can look into it. You can also find a list of Wii games that use traditional control schemes here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes

You can also find the input methods supported for each game on Dolphin's game tracker: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=New_Super_Mario_Bros._Wii

The mii import app currently doesn't work as far as I'm aware. You may be able to use a homebrew to modify the Miis, I'm not sure. I believe Aurelio has fixed this for the upcoming RVLoader update, but don't quote me on that.

The Wii menu goes black because of a regression in RVLoader where the VGA patches needed for the screen to recognize the video signals no longer are applied in the Wii menu. The modder you purchased from did everything correctly as far as that goes. It may be fixed in a future update, I'm not sure