Question RVL-AMP & Potentiometer Question

Is it possible to connect a potentiometer to the RVL-AMP, or the U-AMP for volume control?
Also, does anyone know if the Forever Pak 64 has an SD card slot so I could make backups of saves?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The RVL-AMP and U-AMP both support using linear potentiometers to control volume. There's an explanation and a wiring diagram on the 4layertech pages for the products on how to do it

The RVL-AMP and U-AMP both support using linear potentiometers to control volume. There's an explanation and a wiring diagram on the 4layertech pages for the products on how to do it
What about circular potentiometers? I want to use the same one used in the GBA.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
What about circular potentiometers? I want to use the same one used in the GBA.
Linear refers to the resistance taper. There are linear taper potentiometers and audio/logarithmic taper potentiometers.
1685237385250.png

You can use any B103 10k ohm linear wheel pots with 3 legs to mimic the GBA's wheel, like the Ashida does

Linear refers to the resistance taper. There are linear taper potentiometers and audio/logarithmic taper potentiometers.
View attachment 27722
You can use any B103 10k ohm linear wheel pots with 3 legs to mimic the GBA's wheel, like the Ashida does
Alright, so I bought that same potentiometer from Amazon, but the seller messed up and gave me the one with 5 legs. Do you know any way I can connect it to the RVL-Amp?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah just cut off the 2 extra legs and it'll work the same, with the same pinout. The 5 pin versions of the potentiometers just have an extra channel that we don't need in this case

Yeah just cut off the 2 extra legs and it'll work the same, with the same pinout. The 5 pin versions of the potentiometers just have an extra channel that we don't need in this case
Which pins? Are they the second on from the middle from both sides?

Last edited: