Question Rev C regulator and wasp pinouts? wiring?

Sometimes i tend to regret following suggestions...

But here we go. Bought a new Rev-C mobo to replace my previous 'broken' board with no signal. Looks cleaner i have to admit but its like knowing a new room again. The regulator pinouts are not as direct as the Rev A's. The closest i can scavenge is pig's and SS pinouts back at MR, still can't pinpoint the 5v tho. And i've wired the wasp the whole day (literally 12 hours) assuming they have the same pinouts as the Rev A's on the dvd drive port (got it working for the Rev A before it went cold turkey). But do they really? I've wired it 3 times now, tried front and back, soldering cleaner as i go each time. And somehow i still get the error to restart the cube. Power perhaps? but the blue led still flashes.

Notes: I've put an on and off switch for pin 23 and soldered 29 to the ground just as i had for the rev A to work. Nothing.

And my multimeter's gone to the trash as well, chip problem as the E tech described. Already replaced the fuse tho. :D and phone camera's going haywire as well. So no pics for now fam. :(

Almost like an emp went off in my room ffs.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Like I said on the previous thread, you should hook up your wasp to a wii to make sure that it's not the problem. It's entirely possible that your wasp got fried or has a bridged connection. It's kinda hard to troubleshoot when you don't know which piece of electronics is broken :P

I have actually wired a wkf to a Rev C, the pinout is the same. Was this wired to the gc that broke? If so, the wasp could be broken as well...
Like I said on the previous thread, you should hook up your wasp to a wii to make sure that it's not the problem. It's entirely possible that your wasp got fried or has a bridged connection. It's kinda hard to troubleshoot when you don't know which piece of electronics is broken :P
Both your replies are really giving me a bad scare right now. I hope to Christ not. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Will probably check to a friend's wii if it is over the weekend. Or maybe later than that. But my gut tells me it ain't...hopefully.

Oh and i keep going back to your yt worklog's mad, only now did i notice you did use a rev C. :ding!:

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Both your replies are really giving me a bad scare right now. I hope to Christ not. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Will probably check to a friend's wii if it is over the weekend. Or maybe later than that. But my gut tells me it ain't...hopefully.

Oh and i keep going back to your yt worklog's mad, only now did i notice you did use a rev C. :ding!:
I thought mine was fried, but it was just a bad ribbon cable on the wasp. But there's no way I could've figured it out without a wii. It could be your wasp, or your fcc connector, or a ribbon cable. Or one of your wires. I would tend to think it's more likely that you have a bad connection somewhere between the gc and the wasp than a broken wasp.

The only other thing I'd check is to make sure that you are soldering to the disc drive pinout using a guide that is from the same side you're soldering on. (Meaning if you're soldering to the top, make sure that your pinout guide isn't from the bottom of the board).