Question PS2 portable questions

I am attempting to create a PS2P using a Wii U gamepad as a casing (Console Motherboard died, and I don't feel inclined to get a Wii U again). I'm creating goals and material checklists at this point, so I have a couple questions.

1.) Is it possible to solder an Ethernet connection to a trimmed Motherboard? I'm thinking of using a mini-router or a RaspBerry Pi as an SMB server so I will have less problems with FMV stuttering (I play a lot of JRPG's so story cutscenes are somewhat important to me).

2.) Will the Wii U's screen be able to handle interlacing or the PS2's output in general? I recall seeing a custom Wii U casing build with a popular chinese screen used for modding, but I'm hoping to save some money where I can. I bet it won't need the digitizer used for the touchscreen.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I am attempting to create a PS2P using a Wii U gamepad as a casing (Console Motherboard died, and I don't feel inclined to get a Wii U again). I'm creating goals and material checklists at this point, so I have a couple questions.

1.) Is it possible to solder an Ethernet connection to a trimmed Motherboard? I'm thinking of using a mini-router or a RaspBerry Pi as an SMB server so I will have less problems with FMV stuttering (I play a lot of JRPG's so story cutscenes are somewhat important to me).

2.) Will the Wii U's screen be able to handle interlacing or the PS2's output in general? I recall seeing a custom Wii U casing build with a popular chinese screen used for modding, but I'm hoping to save some money where I can. I bet it won't need the digitizer used for the touchscreen.
I don't know about PS2 ethernet, but I can tell you that you can't use the gamepad's original LCD panel for this. The gamepad LCD is custom and there is no generic driver board for it, so you'll need to buy a screen that can accept VGA or yPbPr. From memory I want to say a 6.2" TFT LCD will fit in the frame with a small amount of free space remaining, but I'd measure the space yourself and confirm dimensions before buying anything.

Portables

Here’s this work log he got it working on a advance trim he also shows pictures of wiring, maybe this will help you.

Thank you. I have bookmarked the thread modio posted.

Finding a 6.2" seems tougher than I realized. The Wii U's screen is exactly 6.2". Where's a good place usually to buy these types of screens for personal use?

dababy

aliexpress or ebay i have found is the easiest place to purchase particular size lcds with driver boards