Solved Pre-Portablizing Questions

Memed

Hey guys! I've been lurking the forums for a while and have decided to try my hand at a Wii portable. Before I order anything besides the Wii itself and some other necessary components, I have a few questions.

What types of wire should I use for power, a/v, controllers, etc.
General questions about powering the system; making a battery pack and hooking up the protection circuit and how to construct a custom regulator.
Case suggestions?

Any other guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I can also provide part links or names if need be.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
@Memed

All of your questions can be found in two areas: Reading all the guides in the Guide hub and searching through the forums.

My suggestion is that you do your research. Read everything you can. This will honestly save everyone some time and will most likely answer all of your questions. If you do have some however, feel free to ask them. We were all noobs once and we are here to help :)

For casing, most people here either 3d print their cases or frakencase them. If you have a design in mind, you can PM me and I could print it for you. Otherwise, go through everyone's worklogs and get an idea of what it takes to make one.

Good luck!