Question Portable Wii Problems

Portables
Hi guys, I was doing the mix chip relocation while using the g-boy manual and definitive wii trimming guide as references, but i ran into an issue where the clock wouldn’t run when the portable is off. I attached the battery, checked the voltage of the battery(2.93V), and checked continuity. All seem good so I don’t know what to do. Does anybody have any ideas or tips for getting this to work?

IMG_1466.jpegIMG_1465.jpegIMG_1464.jpegIMG_1461.jpeg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Have you confirmed that the MX relocation wiring is good?

Portables
It says the chip is detected, but I haven't checked continuity for the data lines. All the other wires seem to be good according to the multimeter. Could the data lines be the problem or are there other things that i could be missing or forgetting?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
There's a lot of burnt residue around your wires. I'd give that a clean with some isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush and see if anything changes

Portables
Thanks to your advice, I got the clock to function while off. Now I could close up the portable, but the screen is slightly off center. I know shorting the pads with a ground wire for a second will give me access to screen controls, but I don’t know which pads to tap or how to navigate the controls for the screen. Does anyone know which pads lead to the auto config menu, and how to position the screen correctly?

Thanks

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Pads K1 through K5 are the screen controls, but I can't remember which pad is for which button. What you need to do it find the menu button and navigate the OSD to the screen position adjustment setting. Adjusting the slider there will move the picture along the horizontal axis

Portables
Pads K1 through K5 are the screen controls, but I can't remember which pad is for which button. What you need to do it find the menu button and navigate the OSD to the screen position adjustment setting. Adjusting the slider there will move the picture along the horizontal axis
The farthest I got was getting to the brightness menu, but I’ll do some further testing and asking around to find what the other pads do. I do know the +/- pads increase the brightness in the menu so I have to choose between hitting ir, auto source, or the pads that say led. Then +/- would probably change the position of the screen. That’s just my best guess though.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I wish I could be of more help in that regard. If I had one handy I'd give you the full input chain, but I'm afraid I don't own any of that specific screen

Portables
I figured out how to navigate the OSD! When hitting the menu button for the first time, look in the top left corner of the blue rectangle that pops up. If there is a hand of some sorts(didn't get a good look at it), pressing +or- will change the values on for that setting. If you wish to change to a different setting, click the menu button until you see arrows highlighted in the top left. Pressing +or- then will slide you to a different setting to control. Once at the desired setting, click menu again to get the hand thing in the top left. Now +or- will change the setting you are on. This can be applied to all settings on the OSD unless I don't know of one that requires other pads.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Afaik all settings are within the one menu on screens like that, so you probably saw everything

Portables
Well the problems with the mx chip not keeping track of time when the portable is off are back. I’ve checked continuity for the batteries and all of that checks out. Voltage is 2.9 which is the highest it’ll get when soldering the battery in. This time I’m using a battery holder, but that’s just for an easier time attaching wires to the battery. Does anybody know what the problem could be?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg]