Question PMS-Lite short between 3.3V and not charging cells

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
All cables removed

685 - ground to 3.3V
continuity between pwr and ground
see thats not continuity between 3v3 and ground when you measure without battery

see thats not continuity between 3v3 and ground when you measure without battery
I can see that, but I think I have revealed a worst problem, continuity between pwr and ground. Is that the cause my cells are not charging?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I can see that, but I think I have revealed a worst problem, between pwr and ground. Is that the cause my cells are not charging?
Yes it sounds like the battery protection or battery management circuitry has fried on the PMS. Your setup with the battery switch doesnt look very safe to me if that battery contact hits part of your wiring that can take a split second to damage it. Also if the multimeter shorts out when you are measuring voltage this can also cause the circuitry to fry by accident.

Yes it sounds like the battery protection or battery management circuitry has fried on the PMS. Your setup with the battery switch doesnt look very safe to me if that battery contact hits part of your wiring that can take a split second to damage it. Also if the multimeter shorts out when you are measuring voltage this can also cause the circuitry to fry by accident.
So now what are my options?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Either need to rework the board or get a new pms

1647635460341.png

I love shipping rates outside the us. Unfortunately I think I won't be able to finish the project :'(