Worklog My take on a Wii micro

Portables
Not Yet :P
OK. So, I'm new to the portablizing scene and I am excited for my first project. What I plan on making is a Wii mini. After seeing what Nold, Gman, and Jeff made, I said to myself, " I have to make one of these things. Its too cool not to!" So I started to gather the tools needed and been looking over the Wii trim guide to assure myself that I can do this.

What tools I have so far:
- A $25 Soldering Iron that will get the job done. (I am looking for a decent price for performance 2-1 rework station though.)
- 30AWG stranded wire
-Needle nose tweezers
-38AWG magnet wire
-Flux/Solder
-Wire strippers
-Digital Caliper

I am missing a few things as you see like the RVL-PSU and a case to house the wii, only problem is... I don't have access to a 3D Printer. I still need to take measurements and find out what else I'm going to do with this project. Right now my main focus is to get it up and running, I also want to implement or make a sensor bar. or just buy one.

I'm hoping this project will go well!

Thank You

Portables
Not Yet :P
My RVL-PSU and Cooling kit came in and I also got a multimeter. I've done the u10 relocation. Is there anything else that i can do before trimming?

Edit: I should say that i want to keep the video out, usb, motion bar, and gamecube ports. how would i go about relocating the motion bar and gamecube ports. and what is safe to cut on those two as well?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
As long as your U10 relocation works and you have installed portablizemii you are good to trim. Make sure to cover your board and mark out your lines before trimming

If you want to keep the sensor bar port functional you will need 12v, you may want to make your own sensor bar and power it off USB if you don't have 12v readily available. To keep the ports on the back just expand the trim a bit so you leave the ports un-dremeled :P For the gamecube ports, connect together all the voltages (you can check if they stayed connected in the section you cut out with a multimeter), and then wire power, ground, and a data wire for each port