Question Motherboard Trimming Accuracy

Portables
Lol!
How accurate does the cut have to be when trimming the Wii motherboard?

It's gonna be my first time doing something like this and I don't want to cut too much. To avoid doing so, I plan on leaving a little extra board. Is this OK to do or will left on components effect functionality?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
How accurate does the cut have to be when trimming the Wii motherboard?

It's gonna be my first time doing something like this and I don't want to cut too much. To avoid doing so, I plan on leaving a little extra board. Is this OK to do or will left on components effect functionality?
It's alright to cut a little outside the lines. I believe there is a tiny bit of leeway inside the lines as well, but it's best to stick on the safe side (so you don't screw up like I did and cut the nand traces :P). If you draw the lines on your board with a sharpie or something, make sure you leave the whole line you drew when cutting, so when you sand the sides down you can pretty much touch the line. As long as you sand the sides, you can probably leave about an inch or two on all sides before there will be issues. As a rule of thumb, I would also suggest removing all components that are cut through or outside the marked trim.