Solved modul wifi wii

wonk

sorry everyone I'm working on the wii portable,
previously I had succeeded and everything was running normally, but I messed everything up because I installed the wrong .wad file so the wii didn't display anything,
I tried to enter preloader mode but still black screen,
then I tried relocating the wifi module, but because of my carelessness the module burned down,
I relocated the SD card successfully and entered bootmii, and restored the nand backup, but still the black screen in the system menu and hombrew, I suspect I have to install a wifi module,, THE QUESTION? can i use another wii wifi module??
Unfortunately, I only backed up Nand System 4.0U, not the newest backup..

sorry everyone I'm working on the wii portable,
previously I had succeeded and everything was running normally, but I messed everything up because I installed the wrong .wad file so the wii didn't display anything,
I tried to enter preloader mode but still black screen,
then I tried relocating the wifi module, but because of my carelessness the module burned down,
I relocated the SD card successfully and entered bootmii, and restored the nand backup, but still the black screen in the system menu and hombrew, I suspect I have to install a wifi module,, THE QUESTION? can i use another wii wifi module??
Unfortunately, I only backed up Nand System 4.0U, not the newest backup..
If the issue is caused by the wifi not being relocated, then yeah you can use any Wii WIFI module. Although soldering the wifi lanes is extremely difficult without a microscope/magnifying glass.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You also need to have the Wii updated to 4.3 in order for RVLoader to work correctly

wonk

If the issue is caused by the wifi not being relocated, then yeah you can use any Wii WIFI module. Although soldering the wifi lanes is extremely difficult without a microscope/magnifying glass.
Yes, it looks like the problem is with the WiFi, but I don't know, I've tried relocating the WiFi module using a Korean Wii module, previously my Wii was USA. If indeed all modules could be moved like the Bluetooth module, why is the problem still the same? You can enter bootmii mode, but enter the menu, hombrew and priloader still display a black screen, I have checked repeatedly and repaired the soldering, I have made the cable as short as possible, are there any suggestions or other possibilities??

wonk

You also need to have the Wii updated to 4.3 in order for RVLoader to work correctly
Yes, I previously updated to 4.3
everything works as it should, I have cut the board, without the wifi and Bluetooth module the rvloader works fine, but because I made a mistake installing the .wad file, my Wii has a black screen.
It could only display bootmii, then I restored the Nand 4.0 backup because I forgot to back up version 4.3.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thinking about it now, I remember the firmware on Korean Wiis being different to other regions and breaking some IOS mods. Might need input from @Aurelio

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thinking about it now, I remember the firmware on Korean Wiis being different to other regions and breaking some IOS mods. Might need input from @Aurelio
Korean Wiis have some differences, though I never had one to work with so I can't really do much to test

wonk

yes ok, thank you in advance for helping answer my problem, it looks like it's not compatible with the Korean WiFi module, maybe I have to build a new machine,
and I will save this one to do some experiments with other region wifi modules after I get it maybe later that too...

once again thank you friends