Question Memory card dump

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Is it possible to transfer data from a physical GC memory card onto the SD card for using previous stored data on our Wii portables? If so, how please?

Noah

retired
Portables
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM

I believe I used that in conjunction with a tool that comes with Dolphin back in the day on a Wii laptop I had built. It's been a few years so I don't remember all of the details but I'm pretty sure that's the app I used.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM

I believe I used that in conjunction with a tool that comes with Dolphin back in the day on a Wii laptop I had built. It's been a few years so I don't remember all of the details but I'm pretty sure that's the app I used.
Yeah I did the same GCMM + Dolphin :)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
A guide for this would be dope.

Noah

retired
Portables
So the other night I was playing around with PortablizeMii. It is such a pain to migrate between memory card and USB/SD. GCMM is open source. I had a look around at the source and it should be possible to do a custom build of the app that would allow you to cut out the use of a PC altogether.

Basically another option could be added onto the GUI that would allow you to dump individual RAW saves onto the USB from the memory card rather than just one. I could probably even make it specific enough to where it exports it to the saves folder so that no moving of files is needed.
I'll take more in-depth look at this when I get to work today and report back later.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
So the other night I was playing around with PortablizeMii. It is such a pain to migrate between memory card and USB/SD. GCMM is open source. I had a look around at the source and it should be possible to do a custom build of the app that would allow you to cut out the use of a PC altogether.

Basically another option could be added onto the GUI that would allow you to dump individual RAW saves onto the USB from the memory card rather than just one. I could probably even make it specific enough to where it exports it to the saves folder so that no moving of files is needed.
I'll take more in-depth look at this when I get to work today and report back later.
Yes that's definitely possible and it would be nice to have

Noah

retired
Portables
I'll get working on it tonight. I'll go ahead and also skin it to match the rest of PortablizeMii too.

Eventually I'd love to write up an app on the PC that would allow for drag and drop of saves from memory cards but that's a bit far off yet since I have a couple of other projects to finish first.

Changing GCMM is a step in the right direction though!