Question is this diagram correct?

i wanna make a raspberry pi handheld and this is the diagram for power
im pretty new so suggestions would be appreciated

charging module (tp4056) > 2 batteries (3.7v,3350mah,parallel) > 3.3v stepdown voltage regulator (lm2596) > 3.3v components and 5v boost converter (xh-m411) > 5v components

edit: more info and a question

im gonna combine the left and right input channels because i cant get a better audio amp so no stereo seperation, then connect transistors to the output channels, connect speaker and headphone jack to the transistors so i can mute them when the other is being used, is that possible?

parts list:
- pi 4
- 3.5 inch lcd with driver (ili9488)
- audio amp (pam8403)
- adc (ads1115)
- boost converter (xh-m411)
- stepdown voltage regulator (lm2596)
- charging and protection module (tp4056)
- rgb led battery indicator
- joystick
- 8 control buttons
- 2 18650 3.7v 3350mah batteries in parallel
- potentiometer as a volume wheel
- power switch
- trrs headphone jack port
- speaker
- transistors for muting audio channels
- resistors

diagram tomorrow because i need sleep

Last edited:

Retro95

2023 3rd Place
Portables
It's difficult to say with certainty what you're trying to accomplish without an actual diagram to view. Id have to Google all of those components and compare.

Personally, I used the Adafruit battery booster 500c. It turns your 3.7 battery voltage into 5.2v for your pi 5v power rail. It also provides the battery charging circuit as well. Adafruit has a fantastic tutorial for battery powering a pi on their website.

You can safely apply 5.2 to the pi, in some cases it's recommended to increase the ceiling in such a way in case if voltage drops so you don't fall below a solid 5v.

I'd also highly recommend you check out the channel "Bytes n Bits" on YouTube. I learned how to make the raspberry pi handheld in my signature from start to finish by watching his YouTube videos!

EDIT: If you're looking for an easier raspberry pi handheld to dip your toes with, check out the "PiGRRL". They sell all the PCBs online so you just need to solder them to the pi. You can also get nice injection molded cases for them.

It's difficult to say with certainty what you're trying to accomplish without an actual diagram to view. Id have to Google all of those components and compare.

Personally, I used the Adafruit battery booster 500c. It turns your 3.7 battery voltage into 5.2v for your pi 5v power rail. It also provides the battery charging circuit as well. Adafruit has a fantastic tutorial for battery powering a pi on their website.

You can safely apply 5.2 to the pi, in some cases it's recommended to increase the ceiling in such a way in case if voltage drops so you don't fall below a solid 5v.

I'd also highly recommend you check out the channel "Bytes n Bits" on YouTube. I learned how to make the raspberry pi handheld in my signature from start to finish by watching his YouTube videos!

EDIT: If you're looking for an easier raspberry pi handheld to dip your toes with, check out the "PiGRRL". They sell all the PCBs online so you just need to solder them to the pi. You can also get nice injection molded cases for them.
thanks for the reply, unfortunately i dont have the means by which to get an adafruit battery booster, some of my components may not be able to handle 5.2v but ill have to double check, and bytes n bits looks like a cool channel and a good resource, ill check it out.

ill edit the post with extra info and the image diagram soon

Retro95

2023 3rd Place
Portables
thanks for the reply, unfortunately i dont have the means by which to get an adafruit battery booster, some of my components may not be able to handle 5.2v but ill have to double check, and bytes n bits looks like a cool channel and a good resource, ill check it out.

ill edit the post with extra info and the image diagram soon
As long as you can output a solid 5v via the circuit you plan to build, you should be fine.

What pi are you using?