How to install wifi on a trimmed wii?

Sm6413

Hi guys so long story short i blew my wii's internal regulators(i think) when trying to disable the regulator's undervoltate protection( i tried connecting VIN to VCC in order to jump the regulator's supply voltage which is controlled by a 14 chip IC and turns off when underpowered.) Now i get a red light and when i press ON it stays red.

The wii is not trimmed, it has rvloader installed, but i selected NO to "patch out wifi" when installing, just to be able to play games online.(it worked)

I tried sending all the required voltages to the wii, using another wii, but it does nothing, and i saw somewhere on this forum that the cause for that is that the regulating components are not removed.(EDIT : they were right)

So what i'm going to do is to remove all regulator related components, install U10, and install the wifi module, then i will inject all the required voltages (1V,1.15V,3.3V+the 1.8v from the LDO) and hopefully it will turn on, then if it turns on i will just do a OMGWTF trim

The problem is that i found no tutorial or instructions to wire the wifi module to the wii... and without wifi it will not turn on..does someone has instructions to install the wifi module? Thanks

Last edited:

Sm6413

The Definitive Trimming Guide has the wifi pinout / relocation vias on the Wii.
I realised something, RVLoader doesnt want to make wifi work for some reason, and the only way to play online is to use USB Loader gx, but the issue is that USB Loader gx won't load a game if theres not a DVD drive installed(or at least just the motherboard)

So i would need to either "emulate" the dvd drive in usb loader gx (i tried CFG and wiiflow, same thing) or i would need to solder a shit ton of wires directly to the gpu... any ideas?

EDIT : I managed to make the dead wii start(), i removed all regulator-related components(thevlv5052 dc-dc converters + the driver mosfets) and connected wires from my dead wii to a working wii, i start the dead wii, then i start the working wii and the "dead" wii starts and shows RVLoader etc... now i need to fix the DVD drive issue and order PTH regulators

Last edited: