Solved Getting into making the Ashida

Hi everyone, I’m fairly new to the modding scene but I was super interested in the ashida but after looking at 4layertech link the GC+ 2 is out of stock, does anyone know if it is going to come back at some point and if not is there an alternative? Thank you!

Portables
working on No.1
Hi everyone, I’m fairly new to the modding scene but I was super interested in the ashida but after looking at 4layertech link the GC+ 2 is out of stock, does anyone know if it is going to come back at some point and if not is there an alternative? Thank you!
no one really knows when things are going to go back in stock. you just have to wait for it. You might want to post a ad for one in the user trading area

Gunnar stated on the discord that it should be a few weeks and they will be back in stock. Just wait for the correct part, it solders directly to the ashida controller board easily.

Portables
working on No.1
that looks a little sketchy, as it is from ali express. it likely doesn't have many if any of the features of the legit gc+2 and i doubt it is RVLoader compatible. it also lacks the casellated edges of the 4 Layer Tech version, which limits if not eliminating compatibility with the Ashida. however you are more than welcome to try it as i am curious as to how well it works.
This is gc2.0. Apart from the vibration function, there is no soldering, and the PIC18F25K42 chip packaging is different

Portables
working on No.1
This is gc2.0. Apart from the vibration function, there is no soldering, and the PIC18F25K42 chip packaging is different
oh ok
good to know!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
that looks a little sketchy, as it is from ali express. it likely doesn't have many if any of the features of the legit gc+2 and i doubt it is RVLoader compatible. it also lacks the casellated edges of the 4 Layer Tech version, which limits if not eliminating compatibility with the Ashida. however you are more than welcome to try it as i am curious as to how well it works.
Afaik the clones work and have all functions except driving LRA vibration motors. You are correct that it won't socket into the Ashida without the castellated edges, and while you could hand wire it, you're better off waiting for the 4layertech restock