Do I need a new wii? BBLoader not instilled

Racerx

Hey guys, Im trucking along building my G boy and during the build have had an eerie feeling I was skipping a critical step in terms of software. I have the home-brew channel installed but as I saw no direct mentions of a specific software to load, I stripped the wii down in preparation for trimming but now see I needed BBLoader or something similar. Do I need to reassemble the wii and install this or can it wait until the G boy is finished? Maybe I missed it but to a beginner it seems like an oversight to not mention this?

Thank you for the help

Noah

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
You must install BBLoader before trimming the board. Normally Wi-Fi is requirement for the Wii to boot, but BBLoader can remove that requirement. As you will be cutting off the easy way to connect Wi-Fi, you're going to want to install it now.

CrashBash

Staff member
or can it wait until the G boy is finished?
No, he was asking if he can wait after trimming.

Edit: it appears that post was deleted. For clarity, someone was saying it was fine since he wasn't trimming.

Last edited:

Racerx

So good news! I dug the wifi and bluetooth chips out of the bin and got the wii to boot as well as got BBLoader installed. BBLoader didnt do much with a wiimote or even with a gamecube controller plugged into the GC ports on the wii. (Wii untrimmed at this time) With the screen shot below, am I good to go, ready to trim? BBLoader installed pretty easy.

Thanks again
Noah

Attachments

CrashBash

Staff member
If you selected to patch out Wi-Fi when installing BBloader then you're good to go.
You don't see anything much because you don't have any games on your flash drive. You could also move around BBLoader with the GameCube C-Stick.

Racerx

I tried moving with the GC c stick but nothing happened, I figured it just needed to be soldered up in the G boy to work?