Question Button Holes & Bondo

I am in the process of making a N64 portable and have been frankencasing to get a desirable design for about a week. I'm to the point where I would like to smooth the front of my case where the buttons are, but would rather not go through the trouble of cutting the button holes again. My question is, how would I go about applying bondo without getting in the holes I already have epoxied into the case?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Well, you just put it on the parts that you want smooth, not in your button holes lol. If you do get a little in there you should be able to just chip it out unless it's everywhere. You could try using a popsicle stick or even a toothpick if you have no room. As long as you don't slather it on it should be fine

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Craft knife + Scotch tape + precision = profit

Put a roll of paper in each button :) (and remove it before the bondo dries)
But honestly you don't need to. Just spread the bondo everywhere and then take a knife to all your holes to just cut the bondo that got in it. Like Madmorda said, it's easy to chip it off.

Thank you so much guys, I hadn't thought about using a craft knife but it should definitely do the trick! I'm trying to get my N64P finished in time for the contest, so I appreciate the quick responses.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
A bit late, but my 2 cents: whenever I get bondo inside a button hole, I roll up a small piece of sandpaper with the grit facing out and spin it around in the opening until the bondo is gone.

UPDATE

The crafting knife worked wonders! I hadn't sanded the inside of the button holes so the bondo did not stick and came out very easily with the knife. Now once I sand the openings, as fibbef suggested, the buttons should depress perfectly. Many thanks!