Question BlueRetro (external) Gamecube adapter?

Just wondering, has anybody used this adapter in a build or in general and if so, what are your opinions on it?
Asking because it appears to have at least some potential to be useful in any multiplayer focused builds as it looks like it could add to the accessibility with the ability to use more modern (specifically wireless) controllers that are more widely accessible than Gamecube controllers, and more common for people to own.
The link i found:

There is also an internal version but its built specifically for the gamecube and not the Wii:
Any replies would be very much appreciated and if nobody has any experience with these then if/when i get one ill try to remember to update this thread with my experience.

ulao

Hey, I'm using something similar, its more for older controllers on older console rather then BT. Not sure if its ok for me to post links, so I'll attach an image of my setup.

This is call the Bliss-Box Bridge. It supports nearly all older console and some of the new stuff. It will let you use controllers as paddles, tablets as mice, and swap out any controller for another.

I have also been following Blue retro ( how I found this post) and was going to pick that up but I just found out Bliss-Box is soon going to release its A>I>R product that is pretty must a wireless add-on.

did you ever pick one up?

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That's a fine cabinet right there

ulao

LOL, yeah built it myself. Could not find one to fit right.

Portables
Just wondering, has anybody used this adapter in a build or in general and if so, what are your opinions on it?
Asking because it appears to have at least some potential to be useful in any multiplayer focused builds as it looks like it could add to the accessibility with the ability to use more modern (specifically wireless) controllers that are more widely accessible than Gamecube controllers, and more common for people to own.
The link i found:

There is also an internal version but its built specifically for the gamecube and not the Wii:
Any replies would be very much appreciated and if nobody has any experience with these then if/when i get one ill try to remember to update this thread with my experience.
Have you considered a cheaper version like programming an ESP32 and installing it internally? There’s an open source blueretro software for gamecube

It will be the same as buying the internal version and installing it, but a lot cheaper… Last week I bought 2 ESP32 modules by 2dlls each one on Aliexpress

Portables
Here’s the module and the install diagram, you only have to program it, supply it with 5V (or 3.3V for the single chip) and solder directly to your actual controller port/gamecube data lines of your portable

IMG_3986.jpeg
IMG_3984.png
IMG_3983.jpeg
There’s a software version for gamecube and wii separatedly and its compatible with almost every original wireless controller from other consoles

Last edited: