Worklog Ashida Wii-First Portable

It's looking pretty bad. Basically about a week ago I had it all working, audio everything, then I went to close up the system, and while managing cables and checking it still worked every minute or so, it stopped working. I started getting a purpleish screen and the wii wasnt booting. I had no idea what it was, and I began searching a lot of different things. I found a short from ground to 3.3v and fixed it nearly 3 times before finally getting rid of it. I got it to boot again to the main screen once, then it stopped working again. I found more issues that I had to fix, like a resistor that was bridged and I accidentally pulled off, but fixed (this turned out to be the 3.3v to gnd short). I stopped getting the screen to turn on, and throughout this all the fan would only turn on once in a blue moon when I turned on the system. I can't really explain everything that was strange, but I spent hours and hours on it and was getting nowhere. At one point I accidentally left in one of the batteries, and when soldering to the wii, I got a spark, and while I don't know if that messed up anything, it could have. I finally today, got everything wired up again, no sign of shorts or anything being messed up, and it still wouldn't work. I am at my wits end with this project, and after it working perfectly fine and then failing for no apparent reason, it is a real blow to morale. I think its ruined, and all this failure combined with me getting a new switch which can play Mario sunshine and Galaxy 1, which are the main games I wanted to play, basically just make it so I dont think I can handle this project anymore. Thanks for the help

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Keep your head up, friend. We've all had those projects that make us want to smash our heads against the table. Even if you don't come back to this project for years, don't think of it as a failure! It's all a big learning experience, and think about all the stuff you did with this project that you've never done before! If you want, post some pics of the project as it is right now, and maybe someone can spitball together some thoughts on what to try, should you come back to it in the future.

Thank you, I did learn a lot from this project, so at least that wasn't a loss. I would post some pictures but they wouldn't do much since the outward appearance of everything is fine, and I wired everything correctly since it worked before. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.