Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Analog audio is possible with the U-amp, but the quality won't be as good and you have to set some jumpers differently, you also may have to cut a trace on the adapter board and use a wire to connect the power input on the U-amp to a different voltage. I haven't done it before but the documents tab of the u-amp page on the 4layertech store has this table, apparently the u-amp runs on 1.8V when using digital audio from a wii (or PS2) but needs 3.3V when used with analog audio (or a dreamcast)
1658453989133.png
1658454071668.png

Thanks heaps For that! I had seen the diagrams but had forgotten that I had seen them. It's good to know that there is a way to get this done if I absolutely need to but I think I might have cracked the code with some research.
If anyone can verify this, it would be very helpful but apparently some people think that you have to wire the headphone sense pin to gnd if you do not have a headphone jack. I assume that without the jack there, there is a chance that the console thinks that it needs to output audio to the headphone jack through the switch even though there is none. There may have been a small bridge on the uamp at the time it worked as hs and gnd sit next to each other.
If someone a lot smarter than me can verify my theory, it would be a great help!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks heaps For that! I had seen the diagrams but had forgotten that I had seen them. It's good to know that there is a way to get this done if I absolutely need to but I think I might have cracked the code with some research.
If anyone can verify this, it would be very helpful but apparently some people think that you have to wire the headphone sense pin to gnd if you do not have a headphone jack. I assume that without the jack there, there is a chance that the console thinks that it needs to output audio to the headphone jack through the switch even though there is none. There may have been a small bridge on the uamp at the time it worked as hs and gnd sit next to each other.
If someone a lot smarter than me can verify my theory, it would be a great help!
Yeah just run a wire from HS to ground. That'll tell the U-Amp that no headphones are connected

Had to put this down for a little while but project complete at this time! Installed the MX chip because I heard it was necessary for N64 games and also thought Animal Crossing might be alright every now and again.
So I only have two more questions that maybe some people know the answer to - Firstly, N64 games do not boot and instead hang on the "Launching..." screen until I turn on the console. Is there anyway to fix this or is this just an Rv loader issue that I can hope far more brilliant minds can one day fix?
And secondly, my clock as displayed on the RV loader menu is wrong and I was looking for a way to change it. I don't have Bluetooth so I can't access the wii menu. Is this something I'll just have to live with or is there some app or game that can change wii system time?

Thank you all for your help! Been having a pretty fun time playing F Zero GX!