Question a few questions on protabling a wii, and on portablizeMii

Hey guys, I am back again with a few questions. I am looking at batteries, and i feel like i want to go with Li-ion flat cells. I know there is benefits and drawbacks to flat cells(the name is escaping me sorry about that) and 18650. one thing I like about flat cells is that I can have protection from soldering directly to the battery with tabs, and as long as i am careful in where I place my wires and tabs when working I should be safe. As an extra precaution (if you all feel it would be wise) is to work with uncharged batteries. I like 18650 but I don't want the girth of 18650, i feel like they are a little bulky.

I have an Idea in mind for what I want in my wii portable, and I am currently making a very rough mock up of parts in fusion 360. For right now I am using 18650 batteries for sketching, but i am running into a problem, that i dont know the dimensions of some of the parts. I am thinking of using this screen https://www.buydisplay.com/default/7-inch-lcd-hdmi-tft-display-module-w-vga-video-av-driver-board but I don't know the dimensions of the driver board.

On portablize mii I am using it on a wii and I am wondering if I can integrate a copy of the sysnand, as an EmuNAND. if so how would I make a copy to be used as Emunand

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey guys, I am back again with a few questions. I am looking at batteries, and i feel like i want to go with Li-ion flat cells. I know there is benefits and drawbacks to flat cells(the name is escaping me sorry about that) and 18650. one thing I like about flat cells is that I can have protection from soldering directly to the battery with tabs, and as long as i am careful in where I place my wires and tabs when working I should be safe. As an extra precaution (if you all feel it would be wise) is to work with uncharged batteries. I like 18650 but I don't want the girth of 18650, i feel like they are a little bulky.

I have an Idea in mind for what I want in my wii portable, and I am currently making a very rough mock up of parts in fusion 360. For right now I am using 18650 batteries for sketching, but i am running into a problem, that i dont know the dimensions of some of the parts. I am thinking of using this screen https://www.buydisplay.com/default/7-inch-lcd-hdmi-tft-display-module-w-vga-video-av-driver-board but I don't know the dimensions of the driver board.

On portablize mii I am using it on a wii and I am wondering if I can integrate a copy of the sysnand, as an EmuNAND. if so how would I make a copy to be used as Emunand
There's a picture of the board with the dimensions right on that page, 6th image in the carousel. As for the sysNAND thing, IIRC the emuNAND we use is highly modified to function correctly on a trimmed board and would take a large amount of effort to reproduce with a copy of your sysNAND. Why do you want to use a copy of your sysNAND anyway? Saves can be transferred from sys to emu with a homebrew tool.