Solved 5 inch HDMI display formatting?

Miles

Portables
I'm using a 5 inch HDMI display that is 800x480 and I'm using it with a wii to hdmi converter. When I plug my wii into my tv everything is fine but when I plug it into the screen the formatting is all off. I'm guessing the resolution and stuff is an easy fix within the portablizemii settings or on a driver or something, so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. I've searched the forums and found no one else with the same problem, maybe its just such an easy issue to fix no one has needed help yet :P Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
I'm using a 5 inch HDMI display that is 800x480 and I'm using it with a wii to hdmi converter. When I plug my wii into my tv everything is fine but when I plug it into the screen the formatting is all off. I'm guessing the resolution and stuff is an easy fix within the portablizemii settings or on a driver or something, so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. I've searched the forums and found no one else with the same problem, maybe its just such an easy issue to fix no one has needed help yet :P Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out.
Is it an Rpi Screen?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I've seen someone else have this problem, and as far as I know there is no fix. The rpi hdmi screen was made specifically for the rpi, and generally doesn't work with most HDMI devices. Unless there are settings on the display itself (are there spots for buttons on the board?) you most likely can't fix it.

I had this problem with my portable... As far as I know there really is no fix for that unless you can mess with the driverboard itself. Sorry for the bad news :/

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
basically, SOL,
Your best bet would be to return it if you can, and get one that's known to work with wiis

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Pretty much what's already been said, plus the reason why. The pi screens are designed to accept and display a specific resolution. That screen expects to receive and display 800x480 pixels exactly. If you supply it with the Wii's default 640x480 pixels, the screen is still expecting another 160 vertical lines and tries to stretch out what it's getting.

This screen here is pretty much the same size as the pi screen and accepts HDMI, VGA and composite. They work well and have scaling and 4:3/16:9 options.

Miles

Portables
Alright, a little disappointed but thanks for the help everyone! I will return the rpi one and purchase the one you suggested. Thanks