Search results

1. Bill Paxton

Super Notendo

This is awesome! Well done. I had an idea like this once, but I didn't get very far before I got discouraged and quit. I wanted to use an American cart, have the screen be the exact size of the label, and make it so the label of whatever game I was playing would automatically show on the little...
  2. Bill Paxton

4Layer Product Line Update

Does the GC+2 get recognized by the Switch yet?
  3. Bill Paxton

Model GBA Console Scan

Time to finally design/print a Tingle Tuner!
  4. Bill Paxton

Worklog N64-AIO

5. Bill Paxton

Worklog DIY Concept UFO

So when is this guy joining the bitbuilt team!? Gotta get me an all aluminum G-Boy!!
  6. Bill Paxton

Worklog Geb's Xbox Slim Laptop

ogx360 you say... I didn't know this was a thing, and I most definitely need one now. I appreciate you sharing! This project is great by the way. I'm excited to see more of it! I still use my OGxbox all the time. I wonder how difficult it would be to redesign this Ryzee119 dude's board so...
  7. Bill Paxton

Gamecube Grip for Nintendo Switch

Thanks guys! It is wired to an 8bitdo Gbros adapter. Which is hardwired to a Hori USB dock, and the battery pack is connected to that. I'll attach a picture when I'm home. If I'm being honest, I'd've much preferred to have printed the whole thing for easy repeatability. But I just couldn't...
  8. Bill Paxton

Added a video. And updated the title, many thanks to GingerOfWahhh-z for that.
  9. Bill Paxton

I finished it. The "Leech" strikes again! GC controller shell cut in half, frankencased to 3D printed middle parts. Inside is a split GC controller pcb wired to a GC+. Also inside is a rearranged and rewired Anker PowerCore 20,100 mAh Portable battery pack. Should give you plenty of hours...
  10. Bill Paxton

Worklog Sneak Preview of my second portable

It fits into like, the cup of your hand. It also takes a bit of force to flip it back and fourth. I have not once turned it off by accident.
  11. Bill Paxton

I stopped being lazy and shot a video today. Enjoy! P.S. @Aurelio I think we should make babies together. So if you want to put your thing (Pizza magic 2.0 next level techno wizardry shit) into my thing (this shell, or a modified version of this shell to adequately accommodate it) let me...
  12. Bill Paxton

Worklog Gamecube Controller Switch Dock

My project for this contest is a Gamecube controller that the Nintendo Switch tablet can slide into. I'll use one of those cheaper GC controller to Switch adapters, remove and trim it as much as I can, and connect it all internally so that is just docks into place via the USB-c port on the...
  13. Bill Paxton

Worklog GBoy rev3

Ah, I see. Okie doke. I mentioned it briefly in my worklog, but Shapeways' plastic takes to Rit's synthetic fabric dye very well. I (someone with barely any painting experience) thought it significantly easier to put the pieces into a pot of near boiling water/dye for a few minutes, then to even...
  14. Bill Paxton

Worklog GBoy rev3

What are those!?
  15. Bill Paxton

Thanks! The ABXY buttons were designed in AutoCAD. The face shape and diameter are same, but they needed to be shorter to fit into the design. Font of the letters is wrong, but I couldn't figure out what it was, so I just picked something close. P.S. Sorry if anyone thought this was the video...
  16. Bill Paxton

MGC 2019 - The True BitBuilt Experience

What would an outsider like me need to do to get in on this next year?
  17. Bill Paxton

Done. Will post a video later.
  18. Bill Paxton

After many tries and fails, I finally leaned the correct way to mix and spray clear coat on things. Not 100% perfect, but I realized that if I keep aiming for absolute perfection, I'm never going to be done with this.
  19. Bill Paxton

Question Any quick fixes for Gamecube controller ports don't work anymore?

A broad question I know. But near as I can tell, everything works like it should. 5v, 3.3v, and other 3.3v for the data, and the grounds. They are all what the should be with no shorts, but the pre-trimmed Wii does not recognize any controllers. My custom GC+ thing, or standard. Tested both on...