Search results

1. pineapples

5 inch Component Screens Exist!

There are limitations to this since you probably can't just transfer this firmware to any board without modifications. I'm sure JacksonS and Aurelio has more experience with this so I won't comment on this further. But my biggest problem that I have with dumping the firmware and reverse...
  2. pineapples

Sure I am working on that and will be posting soon, but my stuff is still in boxes. I'm just gauging interest now and not taking any sort of payment. But really cameras don't show the crispness of progressive video on 5 inch screens. The "Progressive Scan has been enabled" does prove that 480p...
  3. pineapples

For people who are interested, I can put in a "large" order of around 10-20 units. If interest doesn't get to this level, I will not be able to order these screens due to a minimum order quantity. Price is not set in stone but will be around $45-55 USD depending how much the supplier charges me...
  4. pineapples

Hey guys. Sorry for the late response. I was in a middle of a move and was unable to respond. Yes it is a 5 inch component screen (YPbPr). I paid $45 dollars for the screen which is only 5 dollars more than the VGA screens used widely here. I didnt like the idea of having to buy GCVideo just to...
  5. pineapples

6. pineapples

Solved Potential simple solution for Wii to VGA?

I don't think I ever commented on the functionality of the Mayflash YPbPr to VGA converter on LCDs and capture cards. For smash purposes, CRT computer monitors crunch through anything and display the picture perfectly. I probably was talking about something else since there really is no point of...
  7. pineapples

Native PAL Wii RGB signal does not support 480p so is inferior to a properly converted 480p RGBHV signal. Also you have to do some shenanigans with region unlock and that is undesirable. I don't understand what you are trying to say here. LMH1251 does not do "terrible conversion". It's analog...
  8. pineapples

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151754342293 Should be free shipping to Australia.
  9. pineapples

Ahh the infamous LMH1251. Ashen's 2012 ModRetro thread and TI Datasheet. As Aurelio pointed out, I'm not understanding why Redmagnusx is using this as a simple sync seperator for PAL consoles. Just use the board as it was intended to do : a YPbPr to RGBHV converter. This will then work for NTSC...
  10. pineapples

Worklog The Briick - ABANDONED

What were your problems with your screens? Would be good to know which ones to avoid.
  11. pineapples

do you mean capacitors?

do you mean capacitors?
  12. pineapples

but why?

but why?
  13. pineapples

damn he got fiskered

damn he got fiskered
  14. pineapples

Worklog Ginger's Wii Portable Worklog

The best way is to use your soldering iron. Get some flux on those joints. The flux will clean the solder joint of oxidation and help the solder flow better due to the change in surface tension. Then use your iron to "swipe" off the solder. The solder will follow the heat source and wick right off.
  15. pineapples

Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

RGBHV, which VGA can carry, is not the same as component (YPbPr).
  16. pineapples

It's not that secret. I found them in like 30 seconds.

It's not that secret. I found them in like 30 seconds.
  17. pineapples

1000 Members Hype!!!

BitBuilt has just hit 1000 members!
  18. pineapples

Amazing deal on 18650s

You could also buy the Samsung 35E (3500mAh) which has better battery life than the 18650B for $1.85/$2.55 more too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/112173495496 Very good alternative to the 18650Bs and sold by genuinecells.