Search results

1. DeTree72

For Sale: Orange WiiBoy Rev3

I’m going to pm you
  2. DeTree72

Question Power Mii Lite

I’ve been away for awhile, and saw the power mii lite and think it’s absolutely brilliant. Is there a time frame for when these might be available through the store?
  3. DeTree72

Solved PortablizeMii no usb

Ah. Sorry about that. I’d read the guide a long time ago, and I figured I was fine as I’ve done this multiple times before. I’ve never used a 128gb drive tho. Thanks for the quick response
  4. DeTree72

My computer doesn’t give that option for the drive. So I need to use something other than windows built in option?
  5. DeTree72

every time I run cheese loader I get a message say FAT error no usb detected. I’ve tried both NFTS and exFAT, both in both USB ports. And I’ve tried both ports with different devices so I know they work fine. Any clue what’s going on?
  6. DeTree72

Question Reg Capacitors

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice
  7. DeTree72

Question Reg Capacitors

So I was tinkering with it while sitting at my desk, and this is what I came up with. The resistor this one is wired to is 86.6kohm, and the caps are all 100 μF 16v. I had it running without a load on it and it put out 1.001v. If I could figure out how to clean this up a little, I feel it would...
  8. DeTree72

Question Reg Capacitors

so would it not be plausible to use similar surface mount caps? even if they were 100 microfarad and rated for 16v?
  9. DeTree72

Question Reg Capacitors

I understand that the purpose for capacitors is to filter the output and input voltages to protect against voltage spikes, but looking at the PTH08080, it looks like it already has surface mount regulators on it. What are these caps for if not filtering?
  10. DeTree72

Worklog Piizza 2.0

I know it's a bump, but I'm just so curious and I never noticed this before! has this seen any advancements recently, or is it sidelined because of powermii? It's such a cool concept, and I wish you the best of luck on it
  11. DeTree72

Worklog DeTree’s First Wii Portable

So its been a while since I've done anything on this project, and I'm trying to get back into it. I've got a bit of an idea for how I'd like the case to be, and was wondering how likely it would be to work. Id like to use a standard gamecube controller, and then vacuum form another portion to...
  12. DeTree72

When you say red, do you mean one of the BCPs? I would like to get one, but was unsure how they worked. So if I can just use an ordinary DC supply, would I need to find the needed voltage from a data sheet? I was looking at this circuit, and it says 9-15v input. I’m sure this means I can use...
  13. DeTree72

So I went and bought some 18650s as well as the protection circuit that is on the BOM. I’ve been searching for a while, and can’t find anywhere that says what charger is recommended to use. I’d like to use shockslayers design for the charge and play, but can’t for the life of me understand how...
  14. DeTree72

Yes, they were. Also, in your experience, what’s the easiest way to connect all of the regulators to power? Because right now I just have a strand of wire with stripped insulation every 3/4 inch to act as a bridge.
  15. DeTree72

I finally had a chance to get back to this thing this week, and was testing my regulators to see how they would function as they’d been sitting on my desk for ages. I decided to simply hook them up to a 4x AA battery pack to test and noticed that they were not outputting the right voltages. Is...
  16. DeTree72

So I’ve officially decided to make a work log of my wii, rather than just going for it simply because this is my 4th portable attempt, and the first time I intend to not rush the project. I’m starting off with a wii with PortablizeMii installed, as well as the U10 relocation already performed...
  17. DeTree72

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

So is the U9 basically a fail safe for the U10 should something happen to it? Or does it serve a different purpose on the original board completely
  18. DeTree72

What is the actual purpose of the U9 and U5 regulators? I understand they are unnecessary, as a wii with a U10 relocation will run even without a U9 attached either, so why do they include them?
  19. DeTree72

I’m sure this is somewhere in the forums, but I can’t find it for the life of me. Would it be possible to run a trimmed wii with custom regs off of a 3.7v battery powering a 5V booster that can deliver 1A? Also, is there anything that can be done to lower the amp draw within this range?