Search results

1. Incognito

Worklog A laptop style portable wii

That looks like a really cool project! You may actually want to either trim the Wii, or at least use custom regulators, because the stock regulators on the Wii are relatively inefficient. The use of custom regulators could actually help extend battery life when using the Wii. With that and mod...
  2. Incognito

Discussion French Fries on Burgers? (And Other Weird Food Combinations)

I mean... it's not as bad as you would think. It's most definitely not my favorite, but I've had it before, and it's not that bad.
  3. Incognito

Trim Confirmation

Yes. Follow the light blue.
  4. Incognito

Trim Confirmation

Sorry, I forgot to specify. The light blue line is the one you're supposed to be following. The red one is the original OMGWTF, and the light blue is the GBoy trim.
  5. Incognito

Trim Confirmation

That trim looks good to me. Just make sure that you don't cut too close the NAND traces. Here's a comparison video: Also, it's fine that that pad is lifted, just make sure that you still make a solder bridge across all 3 of the pins on that side.
  6. Incognito

Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

I don't believe the GameCube controller through the Wii U gamecube adaptor fully works in BBLoader. You'll need to plug it into the ports built into the Wii. If you have a family Wii, (no GCc ports,) to be able to use a GCc to navigate before making the GBoy, you'll need to either wire the...
  7. Incognito

BBLoader v1.3 - beta

A Wii2HDMI expects a component signal, not a VGA one. You can either wire up VGA now or you can use composite until you do get around to wiring up VGA, but you won’t be able to use component cables or a Wii2HDMI unless you disable VGA.
  8. Incognito

BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Your Wii is actually booting correctly. The "GC Games" screen is the default screen for BBLoader. Homebrew channel should be upside down, that's just a result of installing BBLoader.
  9. Incognito

Question OMGWTF TRIM help

Those golden circles are just ground pads for the RF shield screws.
  10. Incognito

Question Can I replace analog game cube?

Well... it doesn't exactly work like that. The GC+ allows you to wire up your own joysticks and buttons, but doesn't allow you to use pre-existing controllers for other consoles. It also doesn't currently allow for wireless connection to the console, so it also may be hard to mod those...
  11. Incognito

Model [Guide / Release] Noldendo Wii Miicro

Yes, you would need a 5th reg if you are using separate PTH regs.
  12. Incognito

BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Sadly no, there isn't. It's been designed to run on a Wii from the ground up, so it can't run on a computer without some heavy modification. Even if you could get it to run, it still doesn't contain the necessary code to fully emulate a Wii (which would be necessary for running Wii games on a...
  13. Incognito

Solved Possible short?

This seems like it could be either a short on the Wii or on the PMS. On the Wii: If you have a multimeter, measure the resistance from the 1.15V pad to ground. Make sure the solder joint isn't touching something it's not supposed to. Make sure nothing is on the board shorting to anything else...
  14. Incognito

BBLoader v1.3 - beta

There is not as of yet. It will likely be coming soon.
  15. Incognito

Model TMHF07 Dual Action Tactile Switch

Nice! This'll be helpful since I was literally just about to model this for myself.
  16. Incognito

Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

Well, there's definitely a lot more to do, but I will hold out hope.
  17. Incognito

Solved Over trimmed 6 layer board

One trick when trimming is to trim outside the trim lines, and then sand into the lines. It helps mitigate damage from a slipped cutting tool.
  18. Incognito

Solved Over trimmed 6 layer board

It may also help to see a photo of the full board.
  19. Incognito

Worklog GameWii Portable

I’m actually have some 5C fast charge (Li-Po) batteries, and I’m making my own charge circuits, so it may be a bearable charge time even at high capacities. Another pro of the large case could be extra ports.
  20. Incognito

Worklog GameWii Portable

I was intending for it to be super easy to wire (as this is my first portable,) and also, I wanted a lot of battery life, and a good amount of heat exhaust.