Search results

1. Question IPS Driver Board 3.3 Short and Fan Issue

That must just be a reflection. I'm not seeing anything there.
  2. Question IPS Driver Board 3.3 Short and Fan Issue

With an iron. I don’t have a hot air station
  3. Question IPS Driver Board 3.3 Short and Fan Issue

So frustrating.. unplugged the ribbon and went over again with the magnifying glass. I'm seeing nothing. Would the next step just be purchasing another?
  4. Question IPS Driver Board 3.3 Short and Fan Issue

There is nothing grounded to that in the photo. That is a wire I have disconnected in my hunt for the 3.3 short. It must be just hanging out above that. Nothing was touching the IPS driver board when I was testing for continuity between 3.3 and ground. I did not put put kapton tape on the...
  5. Question IPS Driver Board 3.3 Short and Fan Issue

These are two unrelated issues. Almost done assembling my Ashida and I was getting a short between 3.3 and ground so I started disconnecting my 3.3 connections and I realize its coming through the IPS driver board. On the board itself I am getting a short from 3.3 to ground even when it’s not...
  6. Solved No Composite Signal Issue

Rewired and got a composite signal. Thanks for everyone's help!
  7. Solved No Composite Signal Issue

Ha! Your guess is as good as mine, I'm learning as I go. I think I assumed that I could choose between analog and digital. Thanks for catching that! I'll have to rewire tomorrow and update.
  8. Solved No Composite Signal Issue

Everything is reading correctly except 1.8 is reading at .8 from the PMS. I did leave that hooked up to the audio interface board though, not sure if that would affect anything as it didn't affect 3.3.
  9. Solved No Composite Signal Issue

Do you have any suggestions? Should I just try re-soldering all of my connections and see if that helps?
  10. Solved No Composite Signal Issue

I don't know if you can tell from the picture but I do have the composite wired to the front. It's just grounded on the back. I did wire it to the back and moved it wondering if that was the issue. I did enable VGA, and like I said I got the composite signal when I tested the Wii board by...
  11. Solved No Composite Signal Issue

I'm into the assembly stage of my Ashida build and I stopped to test it again. I tested after I had finished my Wii trim and got a composite signal but am now getting nothing. The fan turns on so I can tell it is running. Hoping someone can spot something that I'm missing. I tested both...
  12. Question Ashida Wii 3.3V short on my 3rd trimmed motherboard

Another point though, wouldn't you think that if I was making any of these mistakes, that I would end up with different shorts? Why is it always the 3.3 while all others are correct?
  13. Question Ashida Wii 3.3V short on my 3rd trimmed motherboard

Yeah I'd be open to that at this point. I really wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong with mine.
  14. Question Ashida Wii 3.3V short on my 3rd trimmed motherboard

Yeah on all of them I have started with 60 and gone up to 1200
  15. Question Ashida Wii 3.3V short on my 3rd trimmed motherboard

Would it be worth it to upload pictures of the sanded sides? Are there common issues in the cutting process that can cause this to happen?
  16. Question Ashida Wii 3.3V short on my 3rd trimmed motherboard

It's so strange! And getting increasingly frustrating. Does the U10 not being moved have anything to do with it potentially?
  17. Question Ashida Wii 3.3V short on my 3rd trimmed motherboard

There is very obviously something I am missing or doing wrong. Please help me figure out what. I made a similar post after my second trimmed Wii with a 3.3 short and couldn't find an answer then. This board I trimmed extra wide in case I was trimming through something but it's happened again...
  18. Question Second Trimmed Wii with a 3.3V short

Update: I got compressed air see if anything had gotten under the microchips. No change. I've looked over the board for globs of solder even though I was incredibly careful with that. I don't see any components around the edges that I have missed. I've sanded up to 1200 grit. I'm nervous to get...
  19. Question Second Trimmed Wii with a 3.3V short

It is a 0 ohms short on both boards.