Search results

1. Ocelo

Question Component video scrambled - Composite works fine - issue?

Another question. I have a spare Wii mainboard that I got online. It's a 4 layer board and my original board is a 6 layer. Would it be possible to transplant the 6-layer AVE to the 4-layer board? My original idea was to transplant the capacitors which looks like it might be possible. Also...
  2. Ocelo

I swapped the composite capacitor with the Y line capacitor and it gave the same result. Could it be another capacitor other than the Y line?
  3. Ocelo

That's sounds like a good start for the culprit here. I don't have capacitors to replace this with. Are they readily available? I can probably manage the repair, but I haven't worked on a board of newer vintage like this before. Would a standard soldiering iron do the job ok? Do you have a...
  4. Ocelo

Hello Wii community, I have my original Wii that was using original Wii Component cables in 480p for many years. About a year ago, my screen started to flicker on startup occasionally, with the menu graphics slightly distorted. I figured it was nothing or a loose cable. It got worse. Now when I...