Search results

1. grlobe-trotter

Question Gameboy Advance - Won't turn on after L and R switch replacement.

I have an old GBA whose L and R buttons stopped working. I opened it up, cleaned the switches, but they were still pretty bad. They only worked 1 out of 5 presses, and the presses had to be VERY firm. So, I decided to swap out the switches for some clicky ones. Now the GBA won't boot at all...
  2. grlobe-trotter

How to design heatsink and fan

I've checked in on the fan listed on the Ashida BOM off and on for a while, and it hasn't been in stock. Because of this, I've started looking at other options for fans and I was hoping to get some guidance. What should I actually look for in a heatsink and fan for a portable Wii? For the fan...
  3. grlobe-trotter

Pi Monitor Screen "VGA" port?

So, I got a screen I'd like to use for a portable (a Wesk Party-Box attempt), and the online listing shows that it supports VGA input. But, when it arrived and I took a look at it, the VGA port doesn't look like a VGA port... It looks to me like a mini-HDMI...or am I wrong? Has anyone seen a...
  4. grlobe-trotter

Good 7" IPS screen for a Wii project?

Has anyone recently gotten a 7" IPS screen and driver board? I am looking for one to use in a Wii project. I bought a monitor off Amazon that claimed to be IPS with the intention of removing it from the case. But I returned it because the colors were super washed out and the viewing angle was...