Search results

1. grlobe-trotter

Pi Monitor Screen "VGA" port?

I only really needed the Driver Board to be capable of VGA so it could be used with a Wii (after enabling VGA when installing RVLoader). I just needed a convenient way to test if that was truly VGA or not. I looked into if there was a cable that went from mini-HDMI to VGA and it looked like...
  2. grlobe-trotter

Question Gameboy Advance - Won't turn on after L and R switch replacement.

I have an old GBA whose L and R buttons stopped working. I opened it up, cleaned the switches, but they were still pretty bad. They only worked 1 out of 5 presses, and the presses had to be VERY firm. So, I decided to swap out the switches for some clicky ones. Now the GBA won't boot at all...
  3. grlobe-trotter

How to design heatsink and fan

I've checked in on the fan listed on the Ashida BOM off and on for a while, and it hasn't been in stock. Because of this, I've started looking at other options for fans and I was hoping to get some guidance. What should I actually look for in a heatsink and fan for a portable Wii? For the fan...
  4. grlobe-trotter

Good 7" IPS screen for a Wii project?

So, I ordered 3 different screens and here are my thoughts on each and some pictures of the one I kept. RETURNED: Amazon.com: SunFounder 7 Inch TFT Monitor for Raspberry Pi, HDMI - 1024x600 HD LCD Screen Display AV VGA Input Built in Speaker for Raspberry Pi 400 4B 3 Model B+ 3B 2B B+ A+...
  5. grlobe-trotter

Pi Monitor Screen "VGA" port?

So, I got a screen I'd like to use for a portable (a Wesk Party-Box attempt), and the online listing shows that it supports VGA input. But, when it arrived and I took a look at it, the VGA port doesn't look like a VGA port... It looks to me like a mini-HDMI...or am I wrong? Has anyone seen a...
  6. grlobe-trotter

Thanks for the links! I kind of assume that will be the case for most of the users on here since the 4layertech 5" screen is so popular and most people are trying to go smaller with their portables . Hopefully I won't have to take too many chances or settle on quality too much.
  7. grlobe-trotter

I probably should have mentioned it, but the party box is what I'm trying to make. I have checked in on that screen every once in a while over the last few months and it's always been out of stock when I checked, which is what spurred me to post. The screen I ordered and returned is a...
  8. grlobe-trotter

Is this one you've specifically used? How are viewing angles and color on it? I don't really need touchscreen, does it matter that its included? It looks like they have a driver board that I'd have to get separately from the screen. Did you use that board? I'm still just trying to figure stuff...
  9. grlobe-trotter

Has anyone recently gotten a 7" IPS screen and driver board? I am looking for one to use in a Wii project. I bought a monitor off Amazon that claimed to be IPS with the intention of removing it from the case. But I returned it because the colors were super washed out and the viewing angle was...
  10. grlobe-trotter

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

I'm new, first question will be where to get a good 7" screen so I can make a Party-Box variation. The link to Sunfounder screen that Wesk posted in a thread is out of stock