Search results

1. nephitejnf

What Operating System(s) is(are) your choice(s)?

I can't tell you of a laptop that is geared toward gaming, but I had an Acer that was awesome with Arch. It didn't have high gaming specs, but it worked well, until the dog helped give it Mtn Dew.
  2. nephitejnf

What Operating System(s) is(are) your choice(s)?

mary OS is Arch Linux, it was a bit of a journey to get here. @Miceeno Manjaro is a very good quick deploy distro that is Arch-based. The other half of my hard drive has MS's latest ad platform of Win10. I feel dirty everytime I use it and I prefer not to do any development in it. I am looking...
  3. nephitejnf

Worklog Custom Molded Buttons

I need some buttons like that for my 2ds, that would look awesome. Then I can play OoT3D with it.
  4. nephitejnf

Guide Body Filler Tutorial

I've always wanted to try the acetone method, but... never had the funds to get the acetone. I may find some junk consoles/cases to try some of this out on for my crappy-ugly n64.
  5. nephitejnf

Worklog Noah's GameBoy "Flash carts"

@WeaselBomb looks like they were cutting off traces post-testing
  6. nephitejnf

Nintendo Switch Joysticks on Other Consoles

Have you looked at it for an n64 joystick? That would be my curiosity right now. I know GC joystick were used a while back.
  7. nephitejnf

$10 3.5" Screen? Has anyone used one of these?

I guess you become the go to guy when you show a little knowledge. Old people love you for computers or gamers just wanting to get a rock. Just ask SS.
  8. nephitejnf

What is your electronic background?

I picked up electronics a while back after running into the modding community. Most of my knowledge is hobbyist, per se. It is what inspired me to explore more and do the electronics merit badge. I still need to brusb up on some stuff since a couple years away from it creates cobwebs. I haven't...
  9. nephitejnf

Discussion Helpful Food Budgeting

Can confirm from experience. I had lots of dry goods, such as noodles and boullion to make stuff. It lasted throughout the week plus some while I was a missionary. I could add fresh stuff that I picked up to it, as well. You can find the right market that have baked goods at a decent price, too...
  10. nephitejnf

Worklog Gamecube Portable: Let the Games Begin

The ZN case was a defacto laptop style case. I like the idea, I have a couple GCs laying around myself. Can't wait to see the further progress.
  11. nephitejnf

[COMPLETED] Wii Laptop 2.0

ZN cases are super retro. I like. :awesome:
  12. nephitejnf

Post your workstation!

Started to move my stuff to a new corner. That back corner is gonna get some high-rise shelving. >:D
  13. nephitejnf

Worklog PPR

I just rolled through this whole thread and :o words cannot express the excitement in my body or my pants. EDIT: I other words i need this in my life
  14. nephitejnf

Post your workstation!

Even though, it's a month later this really makes me want to build a proper workstation. I just have a table I got from a neighbor who was moving. It is a stacked up pile. I still have a big tote of stuff that was holding all my good systems through my mission. I need to find a better space to...
  15. nephitejnf

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey, I've been around before, it's been a while, but that was on modretro (which seems dead now). I was away for a while and my insides cried out to me to connect back with the people losing brain sells over soldering and trimming circuit boards.