Search results

1. TheyAreChris

Worklog GameCube Fight Pad Adapter using GC+2

Hey, remember this post? I sure didn't! But I did finally, finally get around to doing most of this easy project yesterday, I'm about 70% done. I had already built my little knockoff button box, so I'm adding a GC+2 to that. I started by making a bunch of Y-cables for the 2-pin connectors that...
  2. TheyAreChris

Worklog GameCube Fight Pad Adapter using GC+2

Hey! I am doing a very simple project to familiarize myself with the GC+2 board and microelectronic soldering projects in general. I'm just going to be taking a custom Hitbox style arcade controller I have and mapping it to the GC+ inputs so that my Hitbox can be used as a controller for a...
  3. TheyAreChris

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

i like that idea; basically just converting the through hole into an SMD pad. plus that could be more easily reversed later if i have to reuse the chip somehow. sounds good, i'll give that a try
  4. TheyAreChris

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

i have a silly soldering question that isn't big enough to make a thread about, hopefully this is the right place? i'm doing an extremely simple project where i'm attaching wires directly to a PCB with a bunch of through-hole solder pads (the GC+ 2 actually). is it best practice to just thread...
  5. TheyAreChris

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi folks! I've seen the occasional video of a cool portable or two, and I decided I should check this place out and learn more about it. I'm a mechanical design engineer by trade with fairly limited electronics knowledge, and I have a strong interest in controller interfaces and UX stuff. I...