Search results

1. LexRsnow

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Apple (W)II

Alright, some more work has been done for the week, and surprisingly, the case work is almost done! So, lots more progress on the inside this time. (Actually, last time didn't have anything on the inside for that matter). Battery holders have been put in place, this time using a bit of a...
  2. LexRsnow

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Apple (W)II

I'd like to think that most people would agree: old computers have a sort of characteristic charm to them. For me in particular, I like the overall simplicity of the design- -everything is box, but it's a fancy box. It's a box with other box-like components that stick out of it and wrap around...
  3. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

This project needs to evolve You know, maybe I haven't referenced it enough- -or maybe I've said it too much- -but this project was fun. At least, at first. I remember jumping into this saying, "Hey! Let's just give this a try. Get your skills developed" and all that. I started designing the...
  4. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Sometimes, I only find out the answer after I've asked the question. The next morning after I posted the above question it suddenly occurred to me (don't know how it didn't before) that I didn't wiring 3v3 logic to the board ":rothink:," I thought, "I wonder if that's the issue." I couldn't see...
  5. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Good news!... and bad news. Let's start on a positive note: the Wii has been re-wired to the PMS and still boots! Bad news, however, is that RVLoader will not detect the microSD card. No biggie, I thought. I'll just do the troubleshooting myself. Here's how that went: *inhale* - Flipped...
  6. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Hey, thank you so much for the advice; after I got back to my work station I isolated the Wii from the PMS and, sure enough, a flat-out 0 ohms between ground and 3.3 volts. Not to mention that the regulator has started working consistently again (when disconnected from the Wii) Some other...
  7. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Well, bad news, then. I've been at it for about an hour and thirty and still... nothing. The 3v3 pad will fluctuate from .05 to .1 (I mean to say .051 instead of .51 in my original post), but it's not going higher than 0.128. 5v has started to have issues as well, fluctuating between 5 and 3.1...
  8. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Well, looks like I've bumped into my first real problem. After (partially) soldering VGA into the screen, I wanted to see if the screen would show video with only one color connected. I turned on the system, and while the fan worked, the screen didn't turn on. It wasn't much later that I found...
  9. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

A bit of a small update, but a good sign of progress! Over this past week (after putting the project on hold for studying and schoolwork, among other limitations), I've been trying to get this project into a "working" state. I got my Plusivo about some weeks ago and my helping hands arrived...
  10. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Finally, it's time for an update- -albeit a minor one. In the 4 months that this worklog hasn't been updated, more chugging away at the case has been done, and now that chugging has turned into... whatever a better word might be. In fact, the case work is done™! Man, test print, after test...
  11. LexRsnow

Worklog Ashida Worklog + Questions

Sometimes, wack battery life readings can stem from not having SCW and SDW twisted from the PMS. I'd try to twist them and then see if that fixes the issue. I'm definitely the more... "safe" kind of guy, so coming from me, I'd keep it at 2A, although the 4layer documents say it can handle up to...
  12. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Sounds like I got some good advice :D. Thanks guys!
  13. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Incoming question! It suddenly occurred to me that I was dedicating more time to my case design than practicing my soldering. With this in mind, I decided to practice on a dead wii and put those skills to the test by soldering the speaker to the RVL-AMP. Most joints looked fine and solid, using...
  14. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Well, how do I start this? For some reason, I thought that building a portable Wii was a nice, simple, relaxing DIY project. I thought that if something didn't look like it would work, I would just fix it in the test print; just sand it down. Besides, I had already put in maybe 20-30 hours on...
  15. LexRsnow

Worklog Starlight G-Wii Worklog

Concerning your statement about the PMS charging, I don't think the PMS can charge as fast as the batteries discharge. I remember seeing this on a different thread and @CrazyGadget gave this response: As for the battery discharge... I'm not sure what to say. I'm not an expert, but your...
  16. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Somehow, after all that time measuring the sticks, I only now realize the solution after I show off my stupidity... crap. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these sorts of things.
  17. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Yikes, I didn't think it would be this long until a message was posted here. Looks like that's going to be a running theme though :oops:. Anyways, no update yet (there will definitely be one soon!) but I do have a question: what are the dimensions of Wii Classic Controller thumbsticks? I've...
  18. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Oh, I learned the hard way about that; my Ender-3 taught that lesson pretty well. Yeah, I just now took a look at a couple of portables which have much, much smaller speaker holes. Thanks for the advice! Admittedly, yes, the walls look thick. For me, what matters is that the case dimensions...
  19. LexRsnow

Worklog The Groupii

Good, thanks for the confirmation! Thanks again for answering, but I later found out the information I needed... I probably should've went back and edited that. Meanwhile, after a lot of cleaning up... The case design is finally ready for a test print. It feels so good to be moving on to a...