Question Trimmed PS2 won't boot

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this trim? I'm using the customled regulator board at the moment and as far as I can tell all my voltage relocations are correct. The gpu and cpu warm up, but I get no output on the display. Any troubleshooting advice? Please forgive my messy workstation.

IMG_9159.jpg
IMG_9160.jpg
IMG_9158.jpg
IMG_9157.jpg
IMG_9156.jpg

Portables
There’s a couple components you cut thru i recommend you remove those and sand the board more, also how are you trying to get video?

There’s a couple components you cut thru i recommend you remove those and sand the board more, also how are you trying to get video?
Noted will do. I'm trying to pull ypbpr from these:
Untitled.png

I've got an old eyoyo screen that can still display it.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Also you should really clean off all that flux. The black bits in it are carbonised and can cause transient shorts that prevent normal operation

I would recommend trying to display regular av out since it’s easier.
I did try composite as well and got nothing.

Also you should really clean off all that flux. The black bits in it are carbonised and can cause transient shorts that prevent normal operation
Thanks I did give it a good scrub down after I shot those photos. I didn’t realize how filthy it was until I saw the close ups lol.

Portables
You have this connected to 5v ? Also can you provide a full image of the top side.
IMG_5980.jpeg

Ok so I threw in the towel on that board and started on a second. This one is a 79001. I'm taking a different approach and trying to do the voltage relocation and get video out before trimming. I successfully got video out using this screen and the ps2HDMI board while using the standard power source before modifying the board at all. I then pulled all the voltage regs from the top side, and the required 8 leg ICs from the bottom side, did the voltage relocation, and now I can't get it to boot. Here's my setup:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Is there something I'm not understanding about voltage relocation? I know the guide doesn't mention 5v but I've been told to supply it to the correct leg on the 5v reg on the top side next to the eth port. Shorting the reset point to gnd should cause it to boot right? I've got a tact switch for that purpose, but pressing it does nothing. Like I said earlier, hooking up this screen in this exact same way gave me video out before I removed the onboard regs, and by booting with the stock power breakout board. Are there more components I need to pull before it will boot with the tact switch?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Might have spotted a short here
1711153708356.png

Also, what voltage are you negotiating from the USB-C board?

Fixed that last 3.5v relocation. Also realized my 1.8 rail was shorted to ground so I found the issue there and it boots! Thanks a ton customled.

IMG_9198.jpg

Now to replace my broken dremel and chop this bad boy up.

Might have spotted a short here

Also, what voltage are you negotiating from the USB-C board?
That's a cap I accidentally covered in solder trying to stick it back on after lifting it pulling that voltage reg lol. Wasn't sure if it was important or not. I supposed it's just a decoupling cap. The PD board is requesting 9v.