Question Portable wii problems ??

Xyzven

@Tyson9 can you take a closer photo of each half so that it's got better resolution? Helps provide better review of the wiring.

Xyzven

@GingerOfOz Got any advice for a Louii??
@Tyson9 I'm curious if the H-Sync or V-Sync have come loose from the AVE-RVL chip. In the picture, it is the top right black chip.

Portables
working on No.1
It won't boot and the lcd screen states no sync
Here are more pics
Dude, you need to clean up your wiring. it is hard to tell what's even going on with your wiring there.

I don't know what screen you are using, but you should check or redo the voltage and signal wires on the Wii.

There is a possibility that your screen is just garbage. If so, then try the screen from 4 Layer tech.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
You should probably reach out to whoever you bought that G-Wii from for help.

It's impossible to tell from those pictures what's going on.

Xyzven

you need to start your own thread if you want to ask questions that aren't related to the initial post.
Thanks but it’s a Louii, sorry G-Wii and i was helping Tyson get some answers. I’m all good and know how the forums work.

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
To start, what Ginger said is the best advice to start. If this a portable you bought from someone and not one you built yourself, your first line of defense is to get in contact with whoever sold it to you. It should be their responsibility to offer service in the event that this is a craftsmanship issue and not something that you did (or at least that's the morally correct policy imo).

In the event that the seller is either refusing service or you are otherwise not getting any help with it, here are the general steps to diagnosing what's going on:
  • Measure all of the voltages going to the Wii and make sure they are good (3v3, 1v8, 1v15 and 1v).
  • Wire composite to the screen, disconnect Mode from 3v3 on the Wii and change the screen's input to composite.
  • If you are not getting any output when using composite, your issue might be deeper than just a VGA wiring issue. In this case, the general rule of thumb is to disconnect everything but the bare bones for the Wii (power and video), but I would imagine that's outside of the scope of what you want to do with this portable. There are some people on the forums who will take a repair commission like this, but it can be costly, and you need to be careful of who you pick to do that kind of work.
Thanks but it’s a Louii and i was helping Tyson get some answers. I’m all good and know how the forums work.
This is a G-Wii. Even if it was a Louii, it is not Ginger's responsibility to aid in troubleshooting. Also please do not double post, as it clutters the thread. You can edit posts to add any new information. @Mr Game & Cube this goes for you too.

Tyson9

First off I would like to thank the forum for all the help. The person that I got it off of will not respond.
Anyone on here who wants to fix it let me know asap

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
First off I would like to thank the forum for all the help. The person that I got it off of will not respond.
Anyone on here who wants to fix it let me know asap
If you lived in Australia I would volunteer, but shipping that box down under would cost stupid money

Portables
I live in cali I can take a look for you I don’t promise you anything tho since I didn’t built it.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Something that's worth noting here:

I've done more than a handful of rebuild-type commissions that usually start out similar to what you have here with what looks like one small issue. What ends up happening with builds that look like this is that, even if I were to fix the problem at hand, I likely would not feel comfortable putting my stamp of approval and having my name associated with the portable if the rest of the wiring inside is shotty and prone to fail somewhere else. Judging by the pictures you sent, I would assume that whoever built this does not have a ton of experience building portables, and might not have things down to a tee where the reliability factor is high. In my experience in receiving repair requests like these, in every case I would end up (with the sender's approval) completely pulling the portable apart and rewiring everything 100% from scratch.

All just food for thought though; who knows, maybe this is a quick fix and that's really all it needs. Just thought my two cents could be relevant here.

Tyson9

I don't think it will be a easy fix there are loose wires that fell out of the portable. This guy took me for a lot and he knows that it wasn't built right