Question Sensorbar Signal and MX Chip desoldering

ruumoo

I was planning to desolder the MX chip and solder itdirectly to my own PCB from my worklog. My Question is, are there any important connections on the small cutup PCB from the OMGWTF Trim?
My second Question is, how is the Wii sensorbar driven? I know it basically puts out two IR Dots, that the Wiimote camera picks up and calculates their Position. My question is, does the Wii Drive the IR-LEDs with any special kind of signal or a special frequency,or can I just run the two LEDs of a constant voltage??

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
I was planning to desolder the MX chip and solder itdirectly to my own PCB from my worklog. My Question is, are there any important connections on the small cutup PCB from the OMGWTF Trim?
My second Question is, how is the Wii sensorbar driven? I know it basically puts out two IR Dots, that the Wiimote camera picks up and calculates their Position. My question is, does the Wii Drive the IR-LEDs with any special kind of signal or a special frequency,or can I just run the two LEDs of a constant voltage??
Not sure about about the first question, but I do believe the the camera on the wiimote only picks up a certain frequency, although I can't find the specific range. I would think it'd be okay though. Some trial and error might be in order.

ruumoo

Not sure about about the first question, but I do believe the the camera on the wiimote only picks up a certain frequency, although I can't find the specific range. I would think it'd be okay though. Some trial and error might be in order.
Sadly I don't have a Wii at the moment to test it. If you're talkong about wavelength, 940nm seems to be the sweetspot.

I toke apart the IR-LED sensor from the WII,Then connect it to the portable charger and it still works:XD:

For your second question the ir sensor bar is just some ir LEDs. For your project you can literally can any infrared LEDs and power them however you want. The wiimotes are the one's and that track the infrared and then sends that data though the Bluetooth module.