Question Running screen off 5v \ 3.3v

Hi guys, unfortunately I've got another issue to solve. My 3.5 BW screen works fine on my trimmed wii, but for my actual project I'm using the 5 inch version. When I power the screen off 5v I occasionally get some flickering, while 3.3v and 12v show no signs of life at all. I noticed in marcolomeo's thread, I have a similar driver board to the screen he had. On the chip/pin jeff and Bocud marked, I measured 3.3vs, and after seeing Dave's post I saw a 33vcc pin on the back of the board. I tried connecting 3.3v to it but the screen didn't show any signs of life. I've got a picture below if that helps.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi guys, unfortunately I've got another issue to solve. My 3.5 BW screen works fine on my trimmed wii, but for my actual project I'm using the 5 inch version. When I power the screen off 5v I occasionally get some flickering, while 3.3v and 12v show no signs of life at all. I noticed in marcolomeo's thread, I have a similar driver board to the screen he had. On the chip/pin jeff and Bocud marked, I measured 3.3vs, and after seeing Dave's post I saw a 33vcc pin on the back of the board. I tried connecting 3.3v to it but the screen didn't show any signs of life. I've got a picture below if that helps.
Use a multimeter to CAREFULLY measure the voltage coming out of the feet of those two inductors (the copper coil spindle things). One of them should be between 4v and 5v. You should be able to supply 5v there to run the screen.

Use a multimeter to CAREFULLY measure the voltage coming out of the feet of those two inductors (the copper coil spindle things). One of them should be between 4v and 5v. You should be able to supply 5v there to run the screen.
Measured both of the inductors, one was 3.3v while the other was about 4.14vs. Tried supplying 5vs to it but unfortunately no dice, screen doesn't seem to be responding.

Edit: Nevermind, managed to get it working on a different screen.

Last edited: