Recent content by Virjoinga

1. Question Playstation 2 off of 9V

I have actually seen some portable Raspberry Pi's that are made for emulators, maybe I should try it out one day.
  2. Question Playstation 2 off of 9V

Hmm ok then that sucks. Well that is a good thing out of the NanoPi Zero then.
  3. Question Playstation 2 off of 9V

Hmph I just hope that there is a way to use USB 2.0 on the PS2 so games load faster.
  4. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

It's been a while but I have now added a switch that can turn on and off wall power to the PS2! Now those dam batteries won't go dying on me quite so fast. I now need help on how to make my new monitor run at 5v.
  5. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

The PS2 won't glow red anymore with this one. It's like the batteries aren't working. They are hooked up correctly but will not charge either. I don't know what's wrong. EDIT: I found the issue, the batteries seemed to be broken because they wouldn't be detected by the PS2 as a power source and...
  6. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

Ok thanks. I'll check out the L7009 first and if it isn't my cup of tea, I'll check out G-Mans BOM :D
  7. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

Cool as thanks for this info! The PS2 79002 is currently shipping to my house, so I will test it out and see if it works when it arrives. One other thing, I need a new screen because I broke it. Could you recommend me one?
  8. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

Sorry it's been so long since I checked this forum. I cannot find any 4.2v batteries or 8.4v batteries anywhere. I decided to find the 79002 model because 2x 3.7v batteries will work.
  9. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

No I have not. There are no issues with the 77000 model I have (except the screen), but the 79002 model won't boot at all. Maybe I should just focus on getting the 77000 model to work first. I need to somehow get 8.4v total to power it. I have heard that there is no voltage drop in that model. I...
  10. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

Ok I have it and have tested it without any modification. It won't boot at all. It did say FreeMCBoot only once and now it doesn't anymore. I have tried booting it without FreeMCBoot, and with the disk drive in and out. Any help?
  11. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

I'm just going off what I've heard. 7700x series have no volatage drop like the 7900x series do so that's why I recently bought one. It should have arrived today but the courier van never showed up to pick up the package. Once it arrives I'll just reattach the batteries to that PS2 instead.
  12. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

I've cut most of it up so I'm pretty sure it's stuffed, may have to get a new one at this point and actually test to see if it works. Also batteries, do I need two 4.2v batteries? The 7700x series does not have a voltage drop like the 7900x series does. I have two 3.7v batteries that would work...
  13. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

I never tried it in the first place, I think it may be broken. I ripped off three parts on it because of the 5v mod. I may have done it wrong. The connections on the PS2 are correct as I followed the trimming guide.
  14. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

I haven't got new batteries yet but I'm just wondering why the screen won't turn on.
  15. Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

Ok I'll do that instead. I will also check the voltage and current of the PS2 when I get home.