Recent content by Thomothy

1. Thomothy

Question No Composite Signal Issue

Both having no jumpers or all three should work just fine. The issue is they don't have either of those. They have it set up for analog audio meaning the uamp is looking for 3v3 and is probably pulling their 1v8 line low because of it. Also I like having the HUD so closing all 3 is my go to...
  2. Thomothy

Question No Composite Signal Issue

Your UAMP jumpers aren't soldered properly for the wii with HUD you want all 3 jumpers closed With just one the UAMP is looking for 3v3 rather than 1v8 that's what is probably causing the issues. Wesk designed the ashida to use the WIIs I2S digital audio interface so that's why you hook up 1v8...
  3. Thomothy

Thomii MK1 (codename KillerWhale)

This project mainly started as practice and a test to see how my fitment worked with my CAD designs. However, I made the "test" into a full portable. So officially its MK1 of my portables but it was pointed out it kinda looks like a killerwhale so that's its nickname. Features: - PMS2 - UAMP...
  4. Thomothy

Worklog The Thommii

Update time! So started all my wiring and got everything hooked up and did some sanity checks along the way. First I checked whe I wired up the power lines. And it passed. Then I wired up the USB And it passed. I wired up the uamp as well for the bottom and did one last check and the...
  5. Thomothy

Worklog The Thommii

Just wiring stuff up and waiting for the last few parts to come in. I have some nice glamor shots though. He kinda looks like a killer whale.
  6. Thomothy

Worklog My First Portable (La Cucaracha)

Hey congrats on the trim! I'm actually doing a design based around the classic controller as well! I like the handles of the pro but I want the triggers of the classic. So mine is currently using a classic controller. Can't wait to see how yours comes out!
  7. Thomothy

Worklog The Thommii

UPDATE TIME! I've been neglecting this work oops... However I have been making quite the advancements in the meantime. First I finished a CAD mockup. This has everything where I want it to be and has a general space for the wii classic controller. And so then I started printing. Since this...
  8. Thomothy

Question Minimum OMGWTF trim

Well if you post photos of what you're thinking of we can let you know how it looks!
  9. Thomothy

Question Minimum OMGWTF trim

you can cut closer on the AVE side just have to be wary of the AVE lines (you also will cut out some easy-to-use Vias). Plus, the top trim line is defined by the NAND traces so if you really wanted to you could follow their outline and then as long as you're doing either wireless U10 or...
  10. Thomothy

Worklog The Thommii

I don't really know what to call this thing but I've put enough effort into it I should probably make a work log for it. First the inspiration: - surprisingly not surprisingly, I like a lot of Wesk's builds like the aran and the ashida. So when designing my own portable I wanted to do...
  11. Thomothy

RVLoader v2.0

Oh to be here on such an auspicious day!
  12. Thomothy

Question [HELP] Ashida has lines on bottom of display every few boots

Yeah! H-sync and V-sync. A microscope is what I should have asked for my birthday. alas I've just been using jewelers glasses at home and then obviously my universities labs whenever I can. Hopefully it helps your issue out too! If you dig far enough in the worklogs too you'll find some people...
  13. Thomothy

Question [HELP] Ashida has lines on bottom of display every few boots

Yeah your soldering actually looks very nice! I was having a similar issue, and I rerouted the wires to go around the AVE rather than over the top and I haven't had the issue again.
  14. Thomothy

Discussion Where do I begin? (NOW FLIP'S FIRST WORKLOG)

Can't wait to see the trim! Also U10 relo is not needed if you're using 4layer power management. if you're using custom regulators then it is.
  15. Thomothy

Worklog RVL-PSP (name may change) -- Nintendo Wii in a Sony Playstation Portable shell

Yeah they've been working on this puppy for quite a while in the discord. It's nice to see a worklog be built for it. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure VT is an EE so they should have some electronics design under their belt.