Recent content by TheKawaiifan

1. TheKawaiifan

Question How to neatly disassemble a DS cartridge

attempt #1 on the left, attempt #2 with steaming on the right its definitely a cleaner dissasembly. Not perfect, but much much cleaner. I essentially just threw a glass measuring cup in the microwave for about 4 minutes to get it boiling and held the cartridge over the steam. It took several...
  2. TheKawaiifan

Hmm, steaming.... I don't own a steamer or iron or anything like that. I could try boiling a pot of water and holding the cart over that. At one point I considered loosening it up with a hairdryer (which works wonders for the sticker label), but I wasn't sure if that'd just damage the chip...
  3. TheKawaiifan

So, my end goal is to make custom DS, 3DS and Switch cartridges, and the solution I am attempting would be with resin. The process should hypothetically be a matter of -dissasembling a cartridge -make a silicone mold of the shell -pour resin -add any desired decoratives -cure -assemble new shell...
  4. TheKawaiifan

How to get mold professionally made? N3DS shell

I'm working on a similar project. I'm trying to make custom DS, 3DS and Switch cartridges (because Pokémon Diamond and Pearl should look like Diamonds and Pearls, dangit!) and the solution I'm currently attempting is to make the shell with resin and transfer the chips and stickers to it. I'm...
  5. TheKawaiifan

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello So I'm completely new to modding and repairs and all that fun stuff. I just got an ifixit essentials toolkit for my birthday yesterday, so I'm really excited to learn. I'm aiming to teach myself how to mod and repair gaming hardware. My first project I'm working on would be some custom...