Recent content by The Awakened One

1. Worklog First Wii Portable: G-Wii

Do you happen to know where I can get some of these switches? I was only able to find the tactile version, but I prefer the squishy feel :)
  2. Worklog First Wii Portable: G-Wii

Love the sparkle case, nice build! May I ask you what kind of buttons you used in this project?
  3. Worklog The "Party Box" Wii portable

Considering how clean the wiring is, a semi-transparent top piece would look really awesome to see a bit of the internals :)
  4. Worklog A "super slim" PlayStation 3 handheld

Thanks for the links! But I need a whole cooling assembly with coldplate & heatpipes & fins, also it needs to be powerful enough to cool ~ 80 watts of TDP.
  5. Worklog A "super slim" PlayStation 3 handheld

I guess I will go with the GX20 type^^ Right now I'm struggling to find a good cooling solution for the CPU/GPU tho. I was thinking about getting some laptop coolers, but it's hard to verfiy compatibility without having them in hand.
  6. Worklog The 3DS Pro

Looks really neat, I also love the 3DS/2DS design. But do you think the original hinges will be strong enough considering the increase in weight? You may wanna switch to laptop hinges, which are designed for heavier displays.
  7. Worklog A "super slim" PlayStation 3 handheld

Crazy how cheap they are :D Is there a way to use the original Dualshock 3 buttons? I was thinking of small PCBs with copper strips, so I can use the original membranes.
  8. Worklog A "super slim" PlayStation 3 handheld

I see! I guess with plain "digital" switches every press will be registred as a full press. But as far as I know, only a few PS3 games actually make use of this feature anyway. The clicky switches sound interesting, are you refering to something like this...
  9. Worklog A "super slim" PlayStation 3 handheld

I just had to add two 10k ohm ressistors from the common grounds to the standby voltage, and know all the buttons work when the pins are shorted to ground! Know I have to check which buttons I can use later, do you guys have any recommendations for some nice switches for all the buttons of the...
  10. Worklog A "super slim" PlayStation 3 handheld

So the PlayStaion 3 arrived yesterday, and I made some advances. First I softmodded the PlayStation using PS3 HEN, that allows me to install my existing games onto the internal hard drive (which I replaced with a 500GB SSD), so I don't need to use the blu ray drive. After that I disassembled...
  11. Question Need help creating a Wii "tablet"

Oh wow, this community really got everything, thanks for the link! I got an aftermarket Gamecube controller here that I can hack up for this. Really neat I don't have to buy anything extra :D
  12. Worklog A "super slim" PlayStation 3 handheld

That's quite a price! I guess that's a bit too expensive, escpecially considering that the panel itself isn't even great. I might try the 1024x600 displays, maybe the quality won't be too bad, even if it's not the native eresolution :3
  13. Worklog A "super slim" PlayStation 3 handheld

Oh, the GX20 looks very neat aswell! I guess I'll go with that one, thanks! I was trying to find the parts for my build, but the only 7 inch screens I found only have a maximum resolution of 1024x600. Do you guys know where I can find a seven or eight inch screen with a real 720p or 1080p...
  14. Question Need help creating a Wii "tablet"

Thanks, that's convenient! I reconsidered my ideas and now I actually do want to integrate a controller into the design, to be able to play wii titles like xenoblade chronicles. These games can be played with the classic controller, but the problem is that I can't hook it directly to the wii up...
  15. Question Need help creating a Wii "tablet"

Hey guys, I was wondering if it is possible to increase the hole diameter of the four holes around the CPU, were the original cooler gets attached. Would it be possible to drill them out with a 3mm bit, or are there traces that can be damaged?