Recent content by Tartarus

1. Tartarus

Worklog My First Wii Portable, no name yet

Cool, thanks. Does something like this look good? This is a WIP of a 3d printed fake motherboard, where I'll just do the wiring myself with wires. I still need to move the joystick down to make room for the breakout board, and I think later I'll add room for an LRA and a speaker. I'm going...
  2. Tartarus

Can you mess with the axes of the joystick in rvloader? I was hoping to use joycon joysticks, but they don't fit well unless i put them sideways like in the picture.
  3. Tartarus

Oh, alright. glad I asked since I'm planning on using LRAs.
  4. Tartarus

Thanks, i should have some thermal paste lying around somewhere. And what are these pads on the GC+2? I dont see an explanation for them in the documentation.
  5. Tartarus

What do people use to connect the cpu and gpu to a heatsink? The old thermal puddy stuff that came on the wii or what? Also, are the cpu and gpu the only things I need to be worried about cooling?
  6. Tartarus

IT LIVES!!! I don't have a picture of the screen since I had to very awkwardly hold the wii up to the back of the TV while peering around the edge, but it successfully booted! And thanks for the extra info on how those HDMI converters work, I find converters to be strangely fascinating.
  7. Tartarus

Alright, turns out that the white cable is the center and the black cable is the outside.
  8. Tartarus

Umm... There's 2 wires instead of one, and no shielding. I guess the audio ones are different. The white wire is off-center, while the black one is centered in the casing.
  9. Tartarus

alright, ill see if that works.
  10. Tartarus

Thanks for the info on why the HDMI converter isn't working. And I found this cable that I could plug into my old TV: Do I just cut off the audio jack end, take one of the two plugs, and do what's done at the time stamp in this video but leave the connector on the end instead of wiring it...
  11. Tartarus

If the hdmi converter is probably the issue then I think I'll have to wire up the 5" screen that I bought for the portable since I dont have anything with AV ports. And I wired to the via because I accidentally desoldered the resistor.
  12. Tartarus

How should I do that? I'm pretty new to wiring like this. I've seen people use a cut AV cable, I might have one lying around.
  13. Tartarus

I'm back to working on this! I stopped working when I encountered an issue of no video output when turning the trimmed board on. The cpu and gpu were heating up, so it was definitely on, but no signal. Did I do my wiring wrong? or perhaps is there an issue with using an hdmi converter?
  14. Tartarus

Progress:
  15. Tartarus

Preliminary BOM: